ElizaJ - Update Immigration Canada

ElizaJ

Oct 15, 2008
ok i was not going to post but my wife insisted. so here it goes. so she goes today to pick up her passport, they give it back with no visa LOL wait it gets better, she needs to do the medical exam (again), she will do her Police Check aswell( just in case).Port-au-Prince consular officers are a joke. im serious this situation is hilarious!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Did they ask her to re-do her medical? This is normal for a lot of people because it usually runs out by the time they are ready to issue the visa.

They wouldn't be asking her to do another if they were going to deny the visa

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Once she has redone the medical and police check, is she supposed to drop the papers back to the embassy with her passport?

It's good to see a positive light hearted attitude!!

At least you are moving ahead and are almost able to put this all behind you!

Good Luck
Sangria

ElizaJ

Oct 15, 2008
yes AnnaC thats what happened a medical re-do. anyways we will let you know how this thing turns out.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
ok i was not going to post but my wife insisted. so here it goes. so she goes today to pick up her passport, they give it back with no visa LOL wait it gets better, she needs to do the medical exam (again), she will do her Police Check aswell( just in case).Port-au-Prince consular officers are a joke. im serious this situation is hilarious!!!

If the timeframe between when your wife first did the medical and they've completed the paperwork/investigation....etc is over a year they require a new medical simple as that.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
that's too bad - I was totally expecting you to say you were all done today! But I guess that's why we say we're never done until that visa's in our hand... you just never know what can happen!

All the best!!!!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Bob,

Typically they would see the expiry date is approaching and request the medical & police check to be dropped off with the passport...

The CAIPS system advises the officer of the expiry date so they obviously didn't read it and have now wasted elizaj's time.

Just another of their silly clerical mistakes.

Eliza,

Did they give you the medical paperwork to take to the doctor?

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
The system is a little funny like that. I don't get why the medicals need to be in at the start just to have them re-done at the end, and same with police check. I guess they want them in early to clear out inadmissable applications for criminal or excessive demands on the health system sooner rather than later - but the costs add up!

ElizaJ

Oct 15, 2008
Sangria that is true, port au prince did not check the Expiry date,
the canadian embassy did give her the medical paperwork,Eliza said,she was asked to sign a few pages, they asked for her passport(again) also for
the medical receipts. now we wait.:)

ElizaJ

Oct 15, 2008
Dear Sir,

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail.

The permanent resident visa for your wife will be issued today and her passport will be sent to the Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo next week by diplomatic bag. Once our embassy in Santo Domingo will receive the passport they will contact your wife. This process can take approximately 2 weeks.

Best regards,
Prnce Immigration

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
Congratulations

Fantastic news but, speaking from experience, the best is yet to come as it will be wonderful when you are together in Canada. All the best for the future.

ElizaJ

Oct 15, 2008
thank you viajar, i was hoping we could be together for christmas but we will have to wait a bit longer. hopfully she may come soon to canada .

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congratulations. Wishing you the best in the coming year ;)

Let us know when she picks up the visa and we'll move you to the completed thread

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
Congratulations to you both! Our passport pickup was really quick so I hope yours will be too!

ElizaJ

Oct 15, 2008
Today She was called to get his Passport/visa in Santo Domingo 9:00 31 Dec. Im so happy.