Grand Mal Seizures

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfish

Jul 10, 2007
I live in Cabrera and have a friend who would like to visit with her son who is subject to haviing Grand Mal seizures. Does anyone know of the best facility capable of handling this within a two hour drive of Cabrera? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
Medical Care

It might be worthwhile to have the child evaluated at the new hospital in Sosua, called Centro Medico Cabarete. It is on the main highway leading into Sosua. Dr. Roberto Spitale is a neurosurgeon and developer of the facility. He speaks several languages, including italian, spanish, english as do several of the other staff members. The hospital has many new pieces of equipment available for assessing this child's condition and I would look to Dr. Spitale for organizing a medical regime to help with the seizures. His number is 809-571-4696. The folks there are being very helpful and understanding and I am sure you will find help in the hospital.

drbcabarete.

Sep 22, 2009
I live in Cabrera and have a friend who would like to visit with her son who is subject to haviing Grand Mal seizures. Does anyone know of the best facility capable of handling this within a two hour drive of Cabrera? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Fish,

You need consider Cedimat in Santo Domingo. The Samana Highway will get you there in 2 hours. Cedimat has a top-end neuro team and equipment. If you can't fly out of the country, Cedimat is the only option for such a serious condition.

Suerte,
ERM

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hi , in response to the grand mal seizure question ... Most people do not go to the hospital for grand mal seizures ,they are unique to each individual ,and often look the same each time for that person ,probably knowing what the persons triggers are and what their specific seizure looks like and what to do to help ,so you were comfortable when it happens would be helpful. They look scarey though !

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i agree. i would be looking at low blood sugar and possibly epilepsy as a trigger (my mother is a nurse).
best of luck to you....

Status
Not open for further replies.