Volunteers for Orphanages, Schools, Clubs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha S

Nov 20, 2009
Hello Everyone! I am a Social Work student, very passionate about international relief work. I have worked with organizations and orphanages in the Dominican Republic and Haiti. I am wondering if anyone has any contacts looking for volunteers between May-August 2010. I will be living in Puerto Plata during that time with two other roommates involved in relief work, and we are looking for new projects!

Thanks!
Samantha

Last edited by a moderator:

jwhanleyjr

Aug 8, 2007
www.godleadsus.com
Msw

Hi Samanatha,

My name is John, I'm an MSW living in Sosua. I work with New Missions where I oversee a community health center and a school program.

I'd enjoy meeting you in your time here. I'm not sure what volunteer work I have available, but would enjoy the opportunity to discuss your goals and the organizations you work with.

John

Hello Everyone! I am a Social Work student, very passionate about international relief work. I have worked with organizations and orphanages in the Dominican Republic and Haiti. I am wondering if anyone has any contacts looking for volunteers between May-August 2010. I will be living in Puerto Plata during that time with two other roommates involved in relief work, and we are looking for new projects!

Thanks!
Samantha

Megoreilly

Oct 14, 2009
If you contact Dr. Bob the veternarian in Sosua, he will tell you about an amazing project they run, that helps Haitians who work the sugar cane fields in the Dominican, and are the poorest of the poor. You will also meet Judy there (at Judy's Pet Lodge) that does spay/neuter and release projects for the beach animals!

Aug 21, 2007
Send me a PM, Samantha. I work with Dr. Bob and Dominican Crossroads, managing their medical clinic. There are many opportunities for you. Would love to have your help.

Home

Lindsey

Status
Not open for further replies.