How To Obtain RNC Number?

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Does anyone now how you can obtain this RNC tax number for a corporation? Unfortunately, some rules changed in the last year, which has made it harder for foreign corporations to operate bank accounts,etc in DR now. How does one go about applying and getting this number? I believe it is through the DGII, but I can find no way to apply on-line. Anybody know more about this? Thanks.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Does anyone now how you can obtain this RNC tax number for a corporation? Unfortunately, some rules changed in the last year, which has made it harder for foreign corporations to operate bank accounts,etc in DR now. How does one go about applying and getting this number? I believe it is through the DGII, but I can find no way to apply on-line. Anybody know more about this? Thanks.

In the past, a foreign corporation did not need to be registered to conduct business in the Dominican Republic. The new laws have changed this and compel any foreign corporation to register. Once you have registered the corporation through the DGII you will receive your RNC.

I have many foreign entities so I have asked Guzman Ariza to handle this for me to ensure we are 100% compliant with the new corporate laws. The new corporate laws have some serious teeth in them!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com

A good accountant will obtain this for you, you really need one by the look of things as you cannot operate with only an RNC number you also need an NCF number. Pm me if you want the name of a good accountant. There are more laws on the way and believe me you are in for a tough ride and a LOT of paperwork.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Thanks everybody for giving me the low down on this drama. It appears they are blocking wires on Corporations with bank accounts without RNC numbers. A quasi expropriation of money, it appears. I think you can still go into the branch and pull the funds without RNC. Either way, I've spent numerous hours on DGII and asked bank representatives the process to obtaining this RNC number for Corps with no luck. I would say these new corporate regulations are not going to help this country attract capital and might just send a few banks to Baninter heaven considering the worldwide credit crunch is picking up steam once again. Unfortunately, bloated corrupt governments trying to squeeze pennies for their pyramids will leave the economy in ruins for lack of capital.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
...I would say these new corporate regulations are not going to help this country attract capital and might just send a few banks to Baninter heaven considering the worldwide credit crunch is picking up steam once again. Unfortunately, bloated corrupt governments trying to squeeze pennies for their pyramids will leave the economy in ruins for lack of capital.

I'm pretty sure the intent was not to drive off anyone except those who are operating without an RNC and, hence, are not paying taxes. The World Bank and others have strong agreements with the DR to tighten up all aspects of their tax collections. Arguably this will make the country more self-sufficient and able to repay the huge loans it has out.

...more likely it will result in fancier pyramids <sigh>

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
"The World Bank and others have strong agreements with the DR to tighten up all aspects of their tax collections. Arguably this will make the country more self-sufficient and able to repay the huge loans it has out."

Well if the DR Gvt. believes that they live in a vacuum, then all the more power to them. The reality is, however, that they must compete with other countries for capital. Their current view that the IMF-WB trough is the end all to capital flow is quite misguided. So throw out the capital creators for debt purveyors is the message. All in the name of ensuring Xmas bonuses once again. I hope the banks there can get their hands on the IMF-WB loot because they are going to need it in the future to survive.