Beekeeping. Anyone have any experience or contacts?

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
We're looking to add beekeeping to El Fuego del Sol EcoVillage. Anyone know of a local expert that we could contact? Thanks, Kevin Adair

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
An ex employee of mine who lives in SPM his whole family is into beekeeping. Last year he came to my house to take hundreds of bees from the guesthouse, took them with him in a cardboard box in a guaga. He's knows what he's doing and if you're interested PM me for his phone number.

We're looking to add beekeeping to El Fuego del Sol EcoVillage. Anyone know of a local expert that we could contact? Thanks, Kevin Adair

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Kevin: Where are you located? I have a great friend who has dozens of hives and really knows the business. Another one with hundreds of hives. And the father of a poster here (PIB) who has thousands of them...you have a rich community of beekeepers at your disposal.

I do not know if they are still doing it, but CARE used to have FREE beekeeping classes out in the Feria Ganadera...

You are on the right track...

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
All corners of the country! Several years ago I visited some beekeepers in Salinas, Barahona - don't know if that is still going though.

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
Thanks, everybody! As I get closer to making this a reality, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm looking at sometime next spring.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You did not say where you are going to locate this project.

Lcation is important.

JHB = Jolly Hill Billy