psychotherapy, social work licensing requirements?

bobb@cyberisle..com

Nov 29, 2009
what are the licensing requirements in the DR for a social worker, psychotherapist or marriage and family counselor in the DR. i have not praticed in years but have many years experience and am consiering relocating to the DR

linzer

Oct 5, 2012
Hi Bobb- Did you ever find out about psychotherapist licensing requirements? I am finishing my Master's degree in counseling in the States and hoping to move to the DR (Cabarete/Sosua area) next spring. I haven't found much info online otherwise.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hi Bobb- Did you ever find out about psychotherapist licensing requirements? I am finishing my Master's degree in counseling in the States and hoping to move to the DR (Cabarete/Sosua area) next spring. I haven't found much info online otherwise.
This thread is three year's old amigo, and also the last time the OP logged on, you may want to make alternative arrangements!

MD's in this country barely make a living wage, I am not sure an MS PSY is going to get you very far, you are better off teaching kite-boarding or Yoga.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In a country where EVERYONE is "Nuts":p, beats their wife :dead:,and has more disfunctional families than trees :disappoin, there could be an opportunity here????
"Nah!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
MD's in this country barely make a living wage, I am not sure an MS PSY is going to get you very far, you are better off teaching kite-boarding or Yoga.

Well, my psychotherapist is doing quite well. She drives a new Jaguar every year and stuff like that...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Does she treat the government?

BelgianK

Dunno, I sure was by the far the poorest person in her waiting room every time I was there...:laugh:. At DOP 3500 per session, 8 sessions per day, 5 days a week...you do the math.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Dunno, I sure was by the far the poorest person in her waiting room every time I was there...:laugh:. At DOP 3500 per session, 8 sessions per day, 5 days a week...you do the math.

At those prices she will never cure you.