decent but not pricey hotel option Santiago

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I am going to be in Santiago in January for a few days. I once stayed there at the Aloha Sol and found it really quite pricey for the money I paid. Are there other options? Around the n40 to 50buck mark a night? I /m not looking for goldp plated faucets, just somewhere clean with a TV and cable ( and a bed would be nice) . Thanks!!@

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try the Hotel los Jardines...it is newer and comfortable. And I believe it has rooms in your price range.

And of course, if you are a veteran traveler, there is the Colonial with its RD$1,350 rooms that include a big breakfast...

They both fit your bill..

HB

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Try the Hotel los Jardines...it is newer and comfortable. And I believe it has rooms in your price range.

And of course, if you are a veteran traveler, there is the Colonial with its RD$1,350 rooms that include a big breakfast...

They both fit your bill..

HB

Actually, where would you recommend for a bigger budget, someplace nice but not way over the top?

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Colonial

I just stayed a couple of days at the Colonial. I was in the newer section and it was about $37 per night. Clean bed, A/C, TV and shower. Very basic but that is all I required. They had cheaper rooms, $20, but I did not check them when I was there. The owners son, Lazro (sp) is a good guy and very helpful. My first night I left a backpack in the room when I checked out. Called the next day and was told they had it. Returned 5 days later and picked it up, including contents.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
how basic for $37.00/? Like Youth hostal basic? No chocolate or mint on the pillow? Only joking of course- so long as there are no bugs and there's a functioning toilet and shower I'm a happy man- after all I'll be returning after a few coldies so won;t be bothered about the decor.... cheers mate

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You can tell them the big old gringo with the white beard sent you. THAT they might remember. Or the guy that put all the kids and women there a year ago...No need, they will treat you fair.

HB