Online ordering

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
What is the easiest most cost effective way to order products, whether it be Amazon or Ebay etc. and have delivered to the DR?
Do you need first to have an account with EPS or the like to have the USA address?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Open a EPS or CPS account and have the items shipped to the Miami address they give you.

In my experience, it takes about 5-7 days from when you order, to when you can pick up your item from EPS.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have used EPS for all my internet purchases without a single problem. To open an account you must have a valid credit card (not a debit) and they will photocopy for their records. They have 2 addresses in Doral, Florida. One for packages, and one for letters. When I pick up my shipment, they never ask for my credit card. I pay in DP.
I have been told they are a little expensive but their service has been excellent.
They will give you a plastic I.D. card with your account number.

You must have the account first so you can put the number on your Ebay and Paypal shipping address.

8260 NW 14th St
account number here
Doral, Florida
This address is for packages

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I agree, I have used EPS and the service is great, including up-to-the-minute status emails as to where the package is, once it's received in Miami. The last package I received was available 2 or 3 days after it was received in Miami. They have offices in Sosua (on Pedro Clisante) and Cabarete (in Ocean Dream Plaza). That being said, I'm thinking of setting up a Vimenca (Western Union, I think) account as discussed in an earlier thread as it seems they are quite a bit cheaper...especially for heavier packages...

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I agree, I have used EPS and the service is great, including up-to-the-minute status emails as to where the package is, once it's received in Miami. The last package I received was available 2 or 3 days after it was received in Miami. They have offices in Sosua (on Pedro Clisante) and Cabarete (in Ocean Dream Plaza). That being said, I'm thinking of setting up a Vimenca (Western Union, I think) account as discussed in an earlier thread as it seems they are quite a bit cheaper...especially for heavier packages...

Does Vimenca offer the same services as EPS and if so what is the price difference.

I thank you all for the feedback!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Does Vimenca offer the same services as EPS and if so what is the price difference.

I thank you all for the feedback!

Yes, it's called Vimenpak. The office is on Churchill, close to 27 Feb.

Vimenpaq

As I recall, they prices are a little better than EPS and CPS.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Hmmmm...just checked the site and it appears the only office they had in the Sosua/Cabarete area is now closed (Sosua Western Union), which is strange....but they have 2 in Puerto Plata.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we use EPS. i believe current rate is 120 pesos per pound (for shipping from miami to DR). service has ben great so far. we use santiago office.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
What is the easiest most cost effective way to order products, whether it be Amazon or Ebay etc. and have delivered to the DR?
Do you need first to have an account with EPS or the like to have the USA address?

been using business mail for years,and find them very efficient and affordable.
they email you when a package arrives and the cost...
bob

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
What is better: Vimenca or Business Mail?
And does Business Mail have office somewhere close to Cabarete/Sosua?

Thank you!

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I have only used Vimenica and like it a lot. They share an office with Western Union
in Sosua.

Last edited: