DR1 HOW DO I GET TO THE WHALES?

T

Trudy

Thank you for your suggestion to e-mail Kim of the Whale Tour Co. She still hasn't responded so I still don't know how to get to the Samana Bay from the Catalonia Bavaro resort in Feb. I have tried to find this info and hate to bother you again but do you have another suggestion. My ?'s are: is there a tour bus or a taxi or should we rent a car? Can we get across the bay to Samana by boat? How would I make arrangements beforehand? How long a ride would it be from P.C. to an area where we could get a boat to cross the bay? Maybe someone familiar with the area will help me. Thank you again. Without DR1, I never would have considered a trip to D.R. It's incredible!

J

JD

Just talked to Kim and signed up for her tour - she's backed up with work and will eventually get back to people so not to worry. In the meantime, check out this new webpage she told me about (info about whales -- Spanish version has links to tour operators):

J

JD

for some unknown reason the weblink didn't show up : it's http://www.samana.org.do

B

Bill MacDonald

WHALES, ?

can you get a one day outing and about how much dinero?

J

JD

Re: WHALES, ?

Kim Beddall's tour is $32 per person for a 4 hour morning tour, with the option of staying the afternoon at Cayo Levantado at no extra charge. Lunch not included. You can contact her at Whales Samana at (809) 538-2588 or kim.beddall@usa.net.