• Thread starter henrique hidalgo
  • Start date

"Apple Tours" Charter Flight - ?Si o No?

H

henrique hidalgo

Has anyone flown with or heard anything about "Apple Tours?"

I'm a little weary of a charter flight but they have a flight from Columbus, Oh direct to Punta Cana for $299 round trip.

G

George

If you are asking about "Apple Vacations"(applevacations.com) I have used them several times to Mexico and Punta Cana from the US. Every trip the service and flights have been excellent never had any problems.

G

GINNY

MY GIRLFRIEND IS A TRAVEL AGENT. I HAVE MADE QUITE A FEW TRIPS THROUGH HER. SHE STEERS US AWAY FROM APPLE. THIS SUMMER, I WENT TO THE DR WITH HER ON A TRAVEL AGENT DEAL. UNFORTUNATELY, IT WAS THROUGH APPLE. SHE TOLD ME TO BE PREPARED FOR DELAYS. SHE WAS RIGHT. 6 HOURS AT THE AIRPORT. UNLESS IT'S A GREAT, GREAT DEAL, I'D STEER CLEAR OF APPLE.

W

willam leslie

Since I have heard about 40% of all flights are now delayed and many by a considerable amount I do not think that would be of a major concern. 6 hours is not exactly one of the longest delays one experiences these days. A few hundred dollars less price is possibly of more importance on a vacation than on a business trip. Everything here is manana anyway.

N

Natalie

The URL is www.applevacations.com. They are a reputable tour operator in the U.S. and one of the biggest to the DR. Great web site too with good hotel descriptions and content about Punta Cana.

L

Lynda

10 hr delay with Air Transat

My flight last summer with Air Transat was delayed 10 hours.

W

wolf

Re: Air Transat has to be THE worst airline!!!

We had last year a perfect flight to and from P.P.with Air Transat.In 5 weeks will go again.This time Punta Cana.Will see!?

E

Eddy

Re: 10 hr delay with Air Transat

What's new? They are the most greedy of all airline companies.

R

ralphy

I fly AT every year with no trouble at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

John

why did you have a 10 hour delay. i've flown on most of the charter airines from canada and really the only complaint is a few flights were stuffy and really crowded. i've heard people complain about waiting for hours because of engine trouble.the way they talked it sounded like they should have still taken off.my daughter last time coming home from florida had a 24 hour delay with air transat,they put them up for the night meals etc..she thought it was great.things happen and the pilot is not going to take off if things are not 100 right[ i hope ] i wonder if a lot of these complaints are because people are nervous to fly to begin with,i'm one of the ones who will admit this,the whole flight for me is pure terror. last april coming home from pp people were talking about turning around and landing again fuel leaks.engine trouble, i'm sitting their thinking you would never get me back on board again.so a little flight delay before take off i would be thinking their fixing it.have a safe flight, and if you know of where i can get a ride on a ship to the dr. let me know.

K

katia

I just came back from DR a few weeks ago from visiting my husband and flew Montreal to Santo Domingo and vice versa with Air Transat and on my way back, I almost couldn't get on that flight. Apparently, they had overbooked and when I checked in no one at the counter would help me or tell me what was happening. All they told me was that the manager was on the plane greeting passangers. Finally, after raising my voice and really making a scene, someone wisked me through customs and on the plane 5 minutes prior to departure. The only good thing is I got a seat in First Class.

Unfortunetaly, I have no choice really to fly with Air Transat to go to Santo Domingo, unless I fly Royal but I prefer Air Transat's comfort on the plane.

Katia

R

Richard

Re: Air Transat has to be THE worst airline!!!

Like all airlines sometimes things go well, other times not so well. For the most part, personally I have found Transat to be excellent, friendly staff, clean aircraft and fairly punctual. the food no better, no worse than the others.

B

Bob Saunders

I've flown Air Transat several times from Vancouver to PP and other than a crowded Airplane had no complaints. The last two times I flew Air Canada I had a five hour delay in Toronto because they had overbooked and the last two times I flew American Airlines they also had major delays in Chicago and Dallas due to overbooking, broken airplanes. Delays are always difficult when you are travelling long distances but since you can't do anything about them, curl up with a good book or wet your tongue and talk to your fellow travellers.

T

Tom

What was the reason for the delay? Often when you pay half price for a charter, they don't have other equipment to replace mechanicals. Be happy they keep you on the ground until that airplane is released at 100%

I recall waiting for a Continental flight from Sarasota Florida to Newark years ago, seems someone doing construction had cut a cable feeding power to all three New York Airports and nothing was flying on the eastern seaboard. People were moaning as they thought weather in Florida and NYC was great when someone asked "Would you rather sit out the delay on the ground or in a holding pattern squashed in the plane?"

T

Traci

Flew AT in December 2nd time flying them. Never on time but all I need it to get from point A to B. I will be flying with them again next month. So far I haven't been totally turned off! On my return flight from DR at xmas we had 10 hr delay also. 1st b/c of mechanical then b/c of snow in Toronto. I got to spend the rest of the time at the resort better than at the airport or on a redirect anytime. Glad to know that the plane isn't flyin if it isn't 100%.

H

hillbilly

My vicarious experience with Air Transat

Just after Christmas, my best friend's boy and his buddy were supposed to take that trip-POP Calgary Vancouver---We got them there in time and business pressures and common sense made us leave after dropping them off.

Well it seems that something had to be fixed/changed/new crew or something, and the flight was delayed. The guys were put up in a nice place in Playa Dorada, met a couple of Swedish babes, hooked up and decided to stay a couple of more days!! Air Transat did right by them!! They had a ball!!

And the eventual flight back was uneventful...Of course they were young whippersnappers....old fuddy-duddys might see things different...or was it the Swedish ingredient in all this???LOL!

HB

J

Jodi

Re: The lesser of 3 evils.....

As Canadians, our only option for a direct flight to the D.R. is charter...Canada 3000, Royal or Air Transat. After 12 return trips to the D.R. my business goes to either Canada 3000 or Air Transat. As a couple of other people have mentioned, you're better off being delayed on the ground than going up in an unsafe aircraft.

My last experience with Royal finally got us off the ground after a 10 hour delay. Approximately 2 hours into the flight we could smell smoke and the pilot put the plane into such a deep dive that dinner trays were falling to the floor. The flight attendants (one of which was so terrified she was crying) were only told to sit down and strap in. Finally, 20 minutes later the pilot advised us that we had lost cabin pressure so he had to bring the plane from 30,000 feet down to 10,000 feet as quickly as possible. Toronto by this time was closed due to snow so we ended up going all the way to Dorval to wait for repairs and a new crew. I will NEVER fly Royal again!

Jodi