Just saying hi to the site

leon486

Dec 2, 2009
Hello, I'm 100% Dominican 23yo, born and raised here. I speak and write english fluently, I've been to the US a couple of times and maybe I'll be moving there after I finish college next year. Right now I'm almost graduating in IT and I'm working as a web developer and have worked in a few call centers.

I was just searching on google about the sleepyness produced by my breakfast (tamarind juice) when I stumbled upon this site.

And I have to say it's quite interesting, speacially seeing how you got right many little things about living here, yet you never seem to understand some others :p.

Anyway, I'll be lurking around and posting here and there, I'll be like an inside man.
See you around.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Welcome to the board leon. Careful you don't want the Tigre to come after you if you misbehave on one of my forums lol. Then it will be El Leon vs. El Tigre :)

Take care.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Let me see, Dominican born and raised in the DR, 23 years old (I'm 25), work in the IT field, speaks English and almost moving to the USA. You could be my clon lol. Bienvenido mi hermano a DR1.

?

? bient?t

Hola, Leon.

What did you find about tamarind? Does it lower blood sugar levels, causing one to feel sleepy?

leon486

Dec 2, 2009
Hola, Leon.

What did you find about tamarind? Does it lower blood sugar levels, causing one to feel sleepy?

Well I'm not really sure, after I found this site I stopped looking.
However I once read it lower blood sugar levels in some animal tests so you may be right.

I have a somewhat tight schedule so, a little tamarind here and there lets me have a good nap in my lunch hours if I didn't get a good night sleep.