Horseback riding in Las Terrenas?

salla

Nov 2, 2009
Hello! Does anybody know where my friend and I could ride in LT? With good and healthy horses, not with mules etc. How about the price? We don't speak spanish. Thanks :)!

And other guestion: what is the normal price of motogontsho in LT? Is the price per person or per moto? I'm usually going with my two kids with one moto. For example, in centrum of LT I've payed 50-100 DOP and one way to Playa Bonita 100 DOP. I'm wondering if drivers ask me too much money because I'm tourist..

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
In LT, there is Epona Ranch... located actually somewhere near Naranjito (in the mountains)... There's also one in Abra-Grande, but I don't know the name... Read the newspaper: lt-7.com
:)

dahlia

Nov 21, 2006
Horses in LT

There are some horses also behind hotel Las Cayenas (Kanesh beach grill), direction beach las ballenas. The owners name is Cedric. I heard he is OK and kids can ride those horses easily too.

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi Salla,
As Squat said there is a riding school in Abra-Grande, it is new and the owner is Christine, she is French but speaks English.

PM me for photos.

Have Fun

les1

Feb 1, 2007
I know Rio San juan where a central town moto will cost 30 and I also that prices in LT are often nearly double for many things - because of the tourist density. Maybe find a good cheap reliable one and get his cellular number

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
I pay 25 pesos for a motoconcho ride anywhere in Las Terrenas and 75p to Playa Bonita-- However, I usually don't have enough small change and end up paying double...which I'm always happy to do! :)