Rock and other non-traditional music events

leon486

Dec 2, 2009
Just to let know know about some inside sites where you can read about upcoming concerts and other music related events that go on in Santo Domingo.

Colectivo cero
Rock, funk, reggae events, metal, punk events.

Cinema cafe
Cinema cafe is a little cafe in the middle of the plaza de la cultura in santo domingo, I highly recomend it as a place to chill out with friends. They every now and then have other events, which you can know about on their web site or with the numerous posters on the cafe.

Also this is a comming concert for the well known local band Toque profundo, you can check it out if you like. It will be in cinema cafe.

12156_201486149364_699969364_4083061_4127223_n.jpg

I don't go to most of them since I only really like a few of those bands and I'm very selective with the music I listen to (something quite rare with us dominicans), but if you have trouble with directions let me know.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
And that is well needed. Every big city is supposed to have a cosmopolitan affect with respect to the music scene. I have found so many people here who have no affinity to music. Say what!!!!!!!!!

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Tomorrow, 18.12.2010 is the last Saturday Night Jam Session for 2010 at Chalet Suizo, in Santo Domingo, on the Malecon between Nunez de caceres and Luperon junctions, one corner west of Casa de Espana.

Live rock and blues, with "Mein Host" Paul Scherrer, Andres Aybar with Masters & Friends, Karel Kalaf and many more from around 8.30pm.

No cover charge, no entrance fee, just the best in food, beer and live music.
Hope to see you there,
Bryan

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Tomorrow, 18.12.2010 is the last Saturday Night Jam Session for 2010 at Chalet Suizo, in Santo Domingo, on the Malecon between Nunez de caceres and Luperon junctions, one corner west of Casa de Espana.

Live rock and blues, with "Mein Host" Paul Scherrer, Andres Aybar with Masters & Friends, Karel Kalaf and many more from around 8.30pm.

No cover charge, no entrance fee, just the best in food, beer and live music.
Hope to see you there,
Bryan

I may have to show up for that. I now live very close to chalet suizo, can probably walk there. Tonight though, it is Frank Reyes, El Torrito, and tonio at La Base!!!