Looking for recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamrf2

Dec 4, 2009
Hello,
I am new to the forum and am not sure if this is the proper section to ask, but here goes...

I am a single man, 36, from Fort Worth Texas. I am interested in coming to the DR for a month or two. I would like to find a place to rent that is safe, where I can be around both locals and tourist. I would like to be in a nice area, where I can safely walk to stores, restaurants, and nightlife. I will need good internet connection and reliable phone, as I will continue my consulting business while on the island, albeit as little as possible :)

Please let me know some recommendations for areas and places to look into

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Hello,
I am new to the forum and am not sure if this is the proper section to ask, but here goes...

I am a single man, 36, from Fort Worth Texas. I am interested in coming to the DR for a month or two. I would like to find a place to rent that is safe, where I can be around both locals and tourist. I would like to be in a nice area, where I can safely walk to stores, restaurants, and nightlife. I will need good internet connection and reliable phone, as I will continue my consulting business while on the island, albeit as little as possible :)

Please let me know some recommendations for areas and places to look into

Fantasy Island, Oh no that show was canceled. Cabarete would be a nice place for a newbie to get his feet wet in the DR. It has everything you seem to be looking for.It's safe, has a good variety of restaurants, and a decent nightlife.And if you want a little wilder nightlife, you can always head down to the ugly red headed step sister of Cabarete, known as Sosua. This is a town that you will be able to meet many tourist, and many expats who live there. Cabarete is a little more laid back, and the working girls are not as aggressive as Sosua.

Jan 17, 2009
I'd also say Cabarete. You'll be able to mingle with locals as well as a good size expat community. You can basically get around with little or no Spanish. If you were to come after the end of this high season (April 4th), I'd recommend you look into the Wind Chimes apartments ($500, utilities included, with WiFi for a studio but they're fully booked for this season) or Cita del Sol (Condos/hotel). Wind Chimes does not have a website though. Very nice fully gated community. http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/95352-apartment-hotel-cabarete.html

Status
Not open for further replies.