VIP option for residency

KaTony09

Dec 4, 2009
Does anyone know about or has anyone used the VIP option for getting the provisional residency? The service is listed on the website for Migraci?n. I just want to know if I would be wasting my money...But if it would cut the wait-time by even a month, I would consider it.

Thanks.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Does anyone know about or has anyone used the VIP option for getting the provisional residency? The service is listed on the website for Migraci?n. I just want to know if I would be wasting my money...But if it would cut the wait-time by even a month, I would consider it.

Thanks.

The VIP option is being offered for several applications and procedures, like drivers license, vehicle registration and some steps in the immigration process. What it essentially is, is that SOME processes where you have to present some documents personally are being processed on the same day (when presented before a cutoff time in the morning) and turned back to you (for the next step) late afternoon or the next day. As some of these steps can only be done in the two mayor cities, people coming from other parts of the island will find it a good value for the money (DOP 1000.oo or less per step), as it shortens their stay in those cities... it is also suggested to limit the risk of papers being "lost" in a longer process (essentially, in the pileup).

VIP does NOT give you preferential rights or treatment besides saving time.

Immigration (residencia) applications are a lengthy process ANY WAY. Beware of any promises of quick residence (under several months)!

... J-D.

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
We used it when getting documents legalized in Sto Dgo and it was well worth it. Skipped the line up all together and were in and out in less than 30 minutes!