Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Countries Dominicans May Enter Visa Free + more info

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    we travelled via panama few days ago, no one asked for a visa. mind you, miesposo has a valid american visa - apparently that is enough...

a question: how would a domincan go about getting a visa to travel to india?
    Via Panama and Entering Panama are two different things. She could not leave the airport while in transit. My post is accurate, Domincans need a Visa to ENTER Panama.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Bermuda has changed. You need two Visas. You need a US Transit Visa (No direct flights to Bermuda) and then apply for a Bermuda Visa for a Dominican to visit Bermuda.
    Last edited by AnnaC; 10-29-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by babyboy31 View Post
    Bermuda has changed. You need two Visas. You need a US Transit Visa (No direct flights to Bermuda) and then apply for a Bermuda Visa for a Dominican to visit Bermuda.
    US Transit Visa? Pretty sure they no longer exist.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    US Transit Visa? Pretty sure they no longer exist.
    "A transit visa, also known as C-1 visa, is used when a citizen of a foreign country will travel in immediate and continuous transit through the United States (U.S.) in route to a foreign destination. In order to qualify for a transit visa, it is required to present a valid permission or visa to enter the country of destination upon departure from the U.S."

Cut and pasted from: Non-Immigrant Visas | Embassy of the United States Dominican Republic

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puryear270 View Post
    "A transit visa, also known as C-1 visa, is used when a citizen of a foreign country will travel in immediate and continuous transit through the United States (U.S.) in route to a foreign destination. In order to qualify for a transit visa, it is required to present a valid permission or visa to enter the country of destination upon departure from the U.S."

Cut and pasted from: Non-Immigrant Visas | Embassy of the United States Dominican Republic
    To travel through a US airport you need a US Visa now. Just as hard to get as always. Staying in the US or passing through literally makes no difference now.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    To travel through a US airport you need a US Visa now. Just as hard to get as always. Staying in the US or passing through literally makes no difference now.
    It makes sense that a "transit" visa is just as hard to get as a visitor's visa for the US. Otherwise people with the motive of staying in the US illegally would just apply for the easier to get transit visas and exit the airport in the US. Do any Dominicans have personal experience trying to get transit visas compared to visitor's visas for the US?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puryear270 View Post

Does not exist ant more. Have you been to Miami, DFW or JFK lately? I am in MIA right now. There are no more transit lounges etc. Ancient history,

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Panama airport is really nice for Duty Free shopping as you mentioned. I buy at least a case of liquor while changing planes there. In Panama the price is right and you can carry it with you right out of the store, unlike in the US where you have to get it when you board the plane. There are tons of stores selling everything and anything there.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    Does not exist ant more. Have you been to Miami, DFW or JFK lately? I am in MIA right now. There are no more transit lounges etc. Ancient history,
    When I came through Miami on Monday, the transit lounge was in the same location as it was the other times I passed through. It is much more secure than the previous lounge, and it barely marked. As you exit the immigration lines but before proceeding to customs, the transit lounge is located to the right.

As to how one secures a transit visa: it does not surprise me that it would be as difficult as securing a B1/B2 Visitor's Visa. Unless someone is covered by the laws governing the maritime industry or one is philosophically opposed to entering the United States, it would probably be better to seek a visitor visa.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Update. Both Argentina and Peru now require visa for Dominicans. I am thinking soon the dominicans that travel to hook, deal or overstay visas will screw it up for the rest. My GF has been to argentina 4 times. Has gotten visas for mexico, panama, jamaica and 3 times for Brasil. Argentina gave her a hard enough time that she said forget it and stayed in Brasil while i went to BA.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast