Walking or driving safely in the North Coast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marigold

Dec 11, 2009
New to the North Coast I enjoy walking, would consider driving but frightened by the lack of any driving enforcement by many locals. I am sure that the offenders aren't reading DR1 but does anyone care??? Businesses would benefit if persons could travel more easily and even see what's here. I have enjoyed my stay and would like to see more!

New to the North Coast I enjoy walking, would consider driving but frightened by the lack of any driving enforcement by many locals. I am sure that the offenders aren't reading DR1 but does anyone care??? Businesses would benefit if persons could travel more easily and even see what's here. I have enjoyed my stay and would like to see more!

I will inform the motor conchos and taxis of your concerns so hopefully the roads will be much safer in the next few weeks.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Please also talk to the SUV drivers and motorcycles who feel the need to race through town with no regard to pedestrians. I doubt they drive like that in their own countries.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I will inform the motor conchos and taxis of your concerns so hopefully the roads will be much safer in the next few weeks.

I sent an email to the moto concho union complaining of this and they assured me that this will be corrected.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Are you all being humorous? Is there really a motor concho union? If so it's the first I've heard of it.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
yep, theres a moto concho union. the yellow jackets and IDs are quite telling...but not all motoconchos subscribe.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I sent an email to the moto concho union complaining of this and they assured me that this will be corrected.

Good. I went to the "Department for complaints", which is located at there HQ in Plaza International Santiago. I have a "Complaint no." that I can track through there website www.malditavajnamotoconios.com.do . Just like with UPS or FedEx. So far it has the status "Ma?ana, si dios quiere".

Marigold

Dec 11, 2009
Thanks for the sincere responses...I care about the Republica, respect the people and attempt to add to the bottom line $$. Should you travel elsewhere I am sure that you wish to do so safely! When tourism is a primary industry, everyone has a stake in a positive experience. Happy Holiday's

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen, lass, it ain't that bad. when driving keep one hand on the wheel and another on the horn. when walking look straight ahead and ignore those who rubia you. :)

Mar 2, 2008
Please also talk to the SUV drivers and motorcycles who feel the need to race through town with no regard to pedestrians. I doubt they drive like that in their own countries.

Their union has also been contacted, and the various embassies associated with "their own countries" have also been notified.

Things are looking up.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
No laws are observed, no laws are enforced!

SUV's and moto's are the worst! Allof this seems deeply ingrained! Sadly, nothing is likely to improve.:confused:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Are you all being humorous? Is there really a motor concho union? If so it's the first I've heard of it.

While there may be a union, there is also a lot of "tounge-in-cheek" humor in this thread.

I don't think Dominicans will get too concerned about traffic safety till some tourist gets hurt and it comes to the forefront.

To the OP, In the meantime your best bet is to take taxis and look both ways 6 times before crossing the street. Have fun.

And by the way RO, IT'S COLD UP HERE!!!!! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.