How are the women in the Dominican Republic?

Spiceoflife

Dec 13, 2009
So honestly,what are the women like?I'm pretty well traveled and definitely have an interest in foreign girls.The ones in America are cold and materialistic to start off with...
I've heard some things about the Dominican Republic but is it like the Philippines where they want to marry you?
Thanks for any information or ideas.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
You can get married every night of the week here.... and in the morning.....and the afternoon.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
most women all over the world love them some money and shiny things. most people do, in general. this applies to women in DR.

yes women here can be classified as hot and very marriage minded....and most likely there will be a definite cost to you, as dominican women are generally used to being taken care of, even if they work----this is due to culture and them not having as many opportunities as dominican men to accumulate wealth on their own---not necessarily a sign of a "bad girl". you may not have to spend as much as with an american girl but there will be a substantial cost, nonetheless. some say you get much, much more for your time and money.....

in YOUR case, all that glitters will not be gold. in fact, very little of it will be, due to what you will primarily attract as a foreigner.most golddiggers flock to gringos like moths to a flame so beware!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
in YOUR case, all that glitters will not be gold. in fact, very little of it will be, due to what you will primarily attract as a foreigner.most golddiggers flock to gringos like moths to a flame so beware!

bingo! ...........

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
yes women here can be classified as hot and very marriage minded....and most likely there will be a definite cost to you, as dominican women are generally used to being taken care of, even if they work----this is due to culture and them not having as many opportunities as dominican men to accumulate wealth on their own---not necessarily a sign of a "bad girl". you may not have to spend as much as with an american girl but there will be a substantial cost, nonetheless. some say you get much, much more for your time and money.....

Patience is a virtue, Obsession is a vice...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Especially if you have the Live_the_Life attitude !!!! If you are a qualified doctor, surgeon (especially cosmetic surgeon) Flying instructor, lawyer .................. then you have an even better chance of being hoodwinked ;);):pirate::pirate::paranoid:~ Grahame.

Reactions: Celt202

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
DR/Phillipines

So honestly,what are the women like?I'm pretty well traveled and definitely have an interest in foreign girls.The ones in America are cold and materialistic to start off with...
I've heard some things about the Dominican Republic but is it like the Philippines where they want to marry you?

The Phillipines is a pretty good place to compare the D.R. to. It's similar but also profoundly different. Most Filipinas speak English whereas very few Dominicanas do. The attitudes concerning the respective roles of men and women are similar but I think a little more extreme in the D.R. and economic conditions are similar.

I understand that it's a different culture from the U.S. but aside from the language thing I never felt like a "foreigner" in the D.R. whereas in the Phillipines you feel it before you get off the plane. Maybe growing up in NY with many Caribbean and Latin American friends has something to do with that. I'm sure that if I'd grown up in California with many Asian and Pacific Islander friends I'd feel as comfortable in the PI.

Don't go to the D.R. "looking for love". Go looking for a cultural awakening and the whole love thing will fall into place. Not unlike the P.I., guys who are not comfortable with women in their home countries will eventually find themselves in an equally uncomfortable circumstance no matter where they go. It's all relative. Do you want your only attraction to the opposite sex to be based on the fact that you are a walking ATM? If that's not a problem for you then you will find exactly what you're looking for in the Dominican Republic. Be careful what you wish for.....

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005

They have two heads, eight legs 12 breasts

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Patience: For women who want you to give them money or whatever you just do what I do. Say no. "No". Nothing more, I dont think there could be much less than that anyway....Dont belabor the issue, dont try to rationalize, reason or explicate. Just say "No." 1 syllable, 2 letters. Here are a few examples I have encountered
"I want to go to the hair salon. I need money." "No."
"I need money for medication. Will you help me or not?" "No."
"I need a new hard drive and memory chip for my PC." "No."
"I m about to fall out the window 3 stories to my death, help me!" "No."
"My parents are retired and I just gt a call from the light company that said they will disconnect service if I dont pay them right away." "No"

There are only 2 possible outcomes: 1.She will either stay with you, and she was just trying to see if she could hustle you or 2. She leaves, and she was just trying to see if she could hustle you.

Later when I ask how things turned out, hmmm, some Fairy Godparent(literally, "...el padrino me dio el dinero"). Wow! for everything? Makes me think things werent so crucial.

If you obsess over her beauty she ll have an advantage over your thought processes.

At some point she will call you "tacano" but so what? Ask her how it feels to have some idiot ask you for frivolous stuff all the time. There are a bunch of other women who dont care too much about money and just want a dude to treat them nice.

There are identifying codecils that these type of women use in conversations that will clearly identify them as these type of women. You would think there would be some difference and wide variations in sentiments and conversational markers, but no, I havent found any.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Possibility

It is possible to find a woman that is not only interested in you money. Just not easy.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
It is possible to find a woman that is not only interested in you money. Just not easy.

That applies to everywhere, Canada, USA, Europe, etc...Especially when a man gets over 35 or so. Lets be realistic here, your chances of finding TRUE love at a later age are not very good.Most women are looking for someone who can and will be able to provide them the life they want. That is a fact...

Reactions: Lucille

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
also, i think its worth noting that most dominican women who are with dominican men whom they love, will still expect the guy to pay for a salon visit or give them something nice now and then (a good girl wont ask you for a billion and one things or substantial wads of cash though---they will just expect a kind gesture now and then to show you care, much like in any other country). its just how it is. a dominican man who they know has the money and doesnt give them anything ever would also be called "tacano".

but i understand the need to be extra super duper careful when youre a foreigner as you will be tested again and again to see if you are diggable lol

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
I agree with what PopNYChic, has said along with many others, you can find females that will like you for who you are, just like anywhere else, but again these things depend on a lot of different situations.

For one if you are older and looking for someone much younger, guess what normally what your biggest attraction will be is what you can bring to the table to make her life better, if not she normally would be with someone her own age.

If you are just a visitor and not living there, and have roots in the community and the country, again, what can you do for me, because then you will be perceived and probably rightfully so, as some one who is looking for a good time and is not looking for anything committed. So if you find someone that is willing to play that game with you, just as it has to be worth your while it should be worth her while don't you agree?

I mean if you met a woman from wherever you are from, and the same conditions applied, you would expect the same, or are you someone, that expects to get everything you want and don't have to give anything back?

I don't think any of this is unreasonable on the woman's part, especially if there is a great age difference, and in your case that isn't the case as you stated before, but I am trying to make this a general answer, and not specific to you.

The bottom line is expect to treat women the same as you treat them anywhere else, if you do that you should be fine; of course if language and cultural differences also are there you have to work to overcome them as well.

Sep 22, 2009
Patience: For women who want you to give them money or whatever you just do what I do. Say no. "No". Nothing more, I dont think there could be much less than that anyway....Dont belabor the issue, dont try to rationalize, reason or explicate. Just say "No." 1 syllable, 2 letters. Here are a few examples I have encountered
"I want to go to the hair salon. I need money." "No."
"I need money for medication. Will you help me or not?" "No."
"I need a new hard drive and memory chip for my PC." "No."
"I m about to fall out the window 3 stories to my death, help me!" "No."
"My parents are retired and I just gt a call from the light company that said they will disconnect service if I dont pay them right away." "No"...

Very funny. I use a general rule (although there are always exceptions to any rule): Look at the clothing over time, the hair, etc. Remember tops and bottoms here in many "inexpensive" young women's clothing stores are between 250-500. Shoes and sandals can be found around the same (in the pueblos, not Acropolis btw). A trip to the salon to "lavarme el pelo" can cost beween 150-350 (planta or no) - only for a wash without treatment (depending on hair length). If there is a baby involved, recall that 2-3 weeks of pampers and milk can run about 1500. And don't forget about those 100-250 phone recharges that they go through like water!!

Bottom line is they always get their cash, always. Like RacerX says: "Just say NO". Tomorrow they will show up with what you had denied them the previous day. However, you may find yourself one chica down in the count :)

Rey out

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
How many guys have we seen fall into the cycle of dependency with their Dominican sweeties wherein on their second trip sweetie meets them at the airport/ hotel and goes right to work on them. This time it's "Papi, my place is a dump I need to move so I can invite you to a nice place, this hotel ees too expenseeve". Soon as he returns home it's: "Papi I need money for a new refrigerator". Two weeks later: "Papi there's no food in the new refrigerator", etc, etc until the guy ends up spending more on WU than he does going on vacation.

There is a reason for the perceived "coldness" in 1st World Women by some Men. It's the perceived weakness of those Men as witnessed by those Women. These same weaknesses are also evident to Women in the deveoping World as especially evidenced in the D.R. but instead of being a "turn-off", these emotionally underdeveloped fellows are seen as a gift from above since they can be manipulated with relative ease and tricked into making financial considerations that not many of their countrymen would consider. I have seen this and there's nothing that you can say to these guys. They have their lessons to learn, sometimes over and over again.

Like I said....be careful what you wish for.