Is there a legitimate diamond broker in santiago

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have a couple of highend jewelry pieces that I would like to sell but I want to proceed with caution. I never wear them here for safety reasons and have absolutly no reason to keep them. I'm not looking to make a profit, just not loose my a$$. I can't walk into any jewelry store here because I don't feel at ease, or safe doing that. Can anyone recommend a high end jewelry store or legitimate diamond broker that I can talk to in Santiago or the capital ?
Thank you.....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would not do that here. Diamonds are not really that commercial here...they are appreciated and all but their value, or appraisal is probably not all that wise or up to date.
Either Miami or NYC are the two places I do go for that.

You cold talk to Julio Brador and see what he has to say or recommend, this is his field, and either he or his wife Marilyn could probably give you the very best advice.

Joyeria Brador is in the book...

Tell them their very good friend from the PUCMM sent you....the one that got them the deal to sell the class rings there 40 years ago???? Sh!t, was it that long ago>>>???

HB

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
Bringing in diamonds and change them into cash is now often used by money launderers.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Bringing in diamonds and change them into cash is now often used by money launderers.

I wish I was in that catagory of making that much money.

This is my own personal jewelry with the original receipts and appraisals going back 10 years. I purchased the loose stones from the diamond district in New York years ago and made into custom jewelry. Beautiful stuff with the diamonds graded at E-color, VVS2 clarity. There are several pieces and I am selling 2 pieces now. I would get my throat cut wearing them here. So, for sale they go.