2010 PGA Cap Cana Championship

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I just got the first correspondence from the folks running the upcoming 2010 PGA Cap Cana Championship at Punta Espada Country Club on March 22-28, 2010.

Both Alida and I volunteered last year. I was a "Walking Scorer" and Alida worked with sound for the Golf Channel. It was an awesome experience!!!!:laugh:

We will volunteer again this year.

If you're a lover of golf and have 3-4 days to go to Cap Cana and volunteer, drop me a PM and I'll get you in touch with the Volunteer Committee.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am thinking about it. Ihave totalk to friend Butler and see what he says. He was not a happy camper last year...we'll see.

HB

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I am thinking about it. Ihave totalk to friend Butler and see what he says. He was not a happy camper last year...we'll see.

HB
I know they didn't have enough volunteers. There were some kids that had no idea what they were doing.

There are many jobs that don't require walking the course.

It was a great experience!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Part of the reason was their treatment of the volunteers the first year. We tried to correct some of the issues but even more cropped up. The tournament people do not seem to understand that anyvolunteer in the DR is what would be considered int he states, "a cut above the rest" in socio-economic terms and they need to be coddled a bit.
Jose Miguel apparently was not too nice this past tournament. If the dates are right and my classes will allow me, I might give it a go again...I did walking scoring on the final round, and my guy could have won if he hadn't put up a 6 on the first par 3.

And then ran off 6 birdies!!!

Haven't followed the tour this year....we'll see.

Blessings to you and the family...Be good to see you one of these day...

Oh yeah, the lights went outhere 1/2 hour ago....

HB

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Did last yrs. event with 2 buddies from the north coast and will do it again in 2010 in a heart beat. The kids are really a waste of time for the boards / crowd control. In the end on Sunday's final round they used many of the caddies from C.C. which was a smart move.
I for one can't get over the fact that the event only pulls several hundred a day walking the course, that is to watch the play. With the rest only using the hospitality tents as a drink garden and maybe watching only #18 2nd shots into the green. Anyway, I'm not the sponsor and I do enjoy walking that course with the pros for 3 days. The free Pro V's and Calloways balls are nice at the end of each round aswell. ;)

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
I hear the society kids show up day 1 to volunteer then call it quits when their butler, chofer, bodyguard isn't nearby immediately, and this causes some logistical problems for organizers.........but the real volunteers seem to love it, with a free round on a hot/cool course part of the deal.....just wish I had a free week to do it. Maybe some day; hopefully sooner than later. Green with envy.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Did last yrs. event with 2 buddies from the north coast and will do it again in 2010 in a heart beat. The kids are really a waste of time for the boards / crowd control. In the end on Sunday's final round they used many of the caddies from C.C. which was a smart move.
I for one can't get over the fact that the event only pulls several hundred a day walking the course, that is to watch the play. With the rest only using the hospitality tents as a drink garden and maybe watching only #18 2nd shots into the green. Anyway, I'm not the sponsor and I do enjoy walking that course with the pros for 3 days. The free Pro V's and Calloways balls are nice at the end of each round aswell. ;)
We missed you. Let's make sure that doesn't happen this year.

I was treated very well. Zero complaints. I had a BLAST walking the course watching some excellent golfers for 3 days. I got a round with Nick Price and got to chat between holes (we couldn't initiate conversations; no one said we couldn't chat if THEY wanted to talk.)

I got to see 2 Eagles on loooooooong par 5's. Green with jealousy.

Y'all shoud really consider it. GREAT time.