Female Bachata singers

nicolemoret

Dec 26, 2009
Have been enjoying Bachata music -- Juan Luis Guerra, Aventura, Frank Reyes. Of Dominican and French background, I am attracted to the energy and lyrical power of the music --except that all the lyrics and stories are from a male perspective. Gets kind of boring for a liberated female to hear all this Strum und Drang. Aren't there any female bachata stars lurking somewhere. Would love to hear their interpretation!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Try Monchy y Alexandra, Casilda Rodriguez, Venessa, Carlos y Alejandra to start!

frank617

Jan 12, 2009
monchy y alexandra have split up, but Alexandra is trying to start a solo career. Casilda sings back-up for her brother Raulin, but you might be able to find one of her old solo albums. Look for Grupo Infinito on YouTube. The band is led by Yamilka Bonetti. They started out with merengue tipico, but have gone bachata. Yami has a beautiful voice and bound to be a big bachata star one of these days. Also, check out some of the male bachata stars that are more on the romantic side like Joe Veras and Luis Miguel de Amargue (for example: new song "Amor y Navidad")

Peters

Jan 1, 2005
Ana Belen

YouTube - DERROCHE...ANA BELEN

The song was written for Bachata. Before Ana Belen made it popular, it was sung by Wascar Banks from Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic under permission from Manuel Jimenez. This track was included in Wascar's first album. Then it became a classic interpreted by Ana Belen.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Ana Belen

YouTube - DERROCHE...ANA BELEN

The song was written for Bachata. Before Ana Belen made it popular, it was sung by Wascar Banks from Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic under permission from Manuel Jimenez. This track was included in Wascar's first album. Then it became a classic interpreted by Ana Belen.

But she doesn't sing bachata.. It's called balada. Same as Anna Gabriela.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Leslie Grace is very young but might have a great future (not to mention she is a doll). I love the Bachata remakes she did of songs by Little Ronnie Spector and the Ronette's. I think she was 18 when she cut these. She also did "Will you still love me tomorrow". A Bronx girl!

[video=youtube;WcUgA5-UN20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcUgA5-UN20[/video]

Sae

Sep 29, 2017
Hey guys, I heard a bachata song and can't find it. Can you help to know who sings? A girl sings the song and always say 'para mi para corazon'.

Sae

Sep 29, 2017
I found the song. Croma Latina - Fotonovela
[video=youtube_share;orDox1I9CtA]https://youtu.be/orDox1I9CtA[/video]