Charity w/out religion...

Ladyoftheglass

Dec 26, 2009
I found it funny that this part of the board it says...to help the community and charity but no religious posts...how can you have charity with no religion? kind of an oxymoron I think.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I found it funny that this part of the board it says...to help the community and charity but no religious posts...how can you have charity with no religion? kind of an oxymoron I think.

Why, do you all good deeds are only done by people with religious affiliations?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The world has many secular charities and aid groups.

A few more commonly known ones are:

UNICEF
Doctors without Borders
Oxfam International
Amnesty International
PlanUSA

I suggest you read a few of the threads in this forum.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
how can you have charity with no religion?
it's easy...you give from the heart without the sermons...

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Charity should be delivered without strings....unfortunately some try to deliver "the word" using charity as the reason for being there....

recently saw a piece on TV about those affected by the tsunami a couple of years back "converting" from Buddism to Christianity because the assistance came from "Christians"....kinda reminds me of when the Spaniards hit "Hispaniola" and "converted" the Tainos.....

Acts of humanity should come from the heart with no agenda....

Willowtears

Dec 17, 2009
Charity should be delivered without strings....unfortunately some try to deliver "the word" using charity as the reason for being there....

recently saw a piece on TV about those affected by the tsunami a couple of years back "converting" from Buddism to Christianity because the assistance came from "Christians"....kinda reminds me of when the Spaniards hit "Hispaniola" and "converted" the Tainos.....

Acts of humanity should come from the heart with no agenda....

Could not have been put in better words...one of the reasons Christianity got so big.

There are plenty of non-profit organizations whom gear business towards charitable work w/o any type of creed attachment.

Willowtears

Dec 17, 2009

captain2002

Mar 30, 2006
www.beyondthebeach.ca
If you are in Puerto Plata area, why not join us on Jan 26Th at 2:00 pm at the Playa Dorada golf course. Our President, some committee members and myself will be there to donate to The Dream Project, Sosua Kids and The Mustard Seed. Also the G.M.'s of a number of resorts in P.D. who donate weeks of A.I. for our online auction will be there.

Regards,
Chris Willott
V.P.
B.T.B.C.F.

Willowtears

Dec 17, 2009
If you are in Puerto Plata area, why not join us on Jan 26Th at 2:00 pm at the Playa Dorada golf course. Our President, some committee members and myself will be there to donate to The Dream Project, Sosua Kids and The Mustard Seed. Also the G.M.'s of a number of resorts in P.D. who donate weeks of A.I. for our online auction will be there.

Regards,
Chris Willott
V.P.
B.T.B.C.F.

Thanks much for the invite. I don't live in DR I live in the states, but I will bare in mind the organizations mission, in case I'm ever around.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Far worse than charity without religion would be religion without charity or compassion.

Wow. What a great post! I wish I had come up with it. And this is precisely why the world is the way it is right now (with a perpetual "war on terror" orchastrated by the Christian right and Jews vs Muslim "extremists").

Religion and politics is a bad mix, and to be perfectly frank, I am not a big fan of any organized religion right now. Hopefully we figure this out soon (again).

Willowtears

Dec 17, 2009
Wow. What a great post! I wish I had come up with it. And this is precisely why the world is the way it is right now (with a perpetual "war on terror" orchastrated by the Christian right and Jews vs Muslim "extremists").

Religion and politics is a bad mix, and to be perfectly frank, I am not a big fan of any organized religion right now. Hopefully we figure this out soon (again).

Love what you said, I couldn't agree more. This is why I prefer the ancient ways, I like to think that wars also existed among the Gods, at gives me the illusion of that at least they had some sort of balance worked out!