Condolences to Mr. Karlsen's family

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This took place in Costambar. Profound condolences to the family. I'm told that in this case the police are being very active. There is also a good Fiscal involved in the investigation (we know him).
Puerto Plata Digital

This was bound to be discussed sooner or later so I thought we might gear the thread to condolences for the family.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
So sad, a fellow Norwegian .

I don't remember if I have met him at the Scandinavian restaurant at Playa Sosua. I sure Tom knows him.

With so many stories about kidnapping and killing foreigners, and special when they come from your own country, will you wonder if it safe to visit the north coast. I will go back to Sosua again, but will now be more carefully than before.
But I not rich so,, not much gain by assault me .

Condolences to his family...sad story on the last day of this year.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Very sad news indeed... I work with a guy who tells me he and several others had had a beer with Tore the night before he died in Costambar. I had the pleasure to have met Tore in Sams Bar Puerto Plata.

My Condolences to Mr Karlsen's family.

Bainy

Aug 7, 2004
Bazz and I would like to add our condolences. A perfect gentleman who would do anything for you. Our hearts and prayers go out to the family.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
This story is now in the top headlines in Norwegian media, and they inform that three suspect has now been taken, but it is to early to find if they are the killers, says a policeman to Norwegian television (NRK)

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Tore was one of the few people in Costambar I've not heard a bad word about. In this town praise comes no higher than that!

He was a gentleman & we will miss him.

R.I.P.Friend

holita

Jun 6, 2006
My Mom is Norwegian...and my father is Dominican, so this hurts me on both sides. Poor Family :(

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Does anybody know more news on this murder? Was it just a robbery?

sammytheman

Sep 18, 2007
Hey fellas, is it illegal to carry guns in DR? I remember going to a local bar in POP and there was a sign prohibiting guns inside the bar. If any motherpucker tries to attack me I would love to drop him like its hot ;)

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
Hey fellas, is it illegal to carry guns in DR? I remember going to a local bar in POP and there was a sign prohibiting guns inside the bar. If any motherpucker tries to attack me I would love to drop him like its hot

And thats why guns are illegal.

BR

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
My condolences also. So sad a man is murdered in cold blood and his family gets this on DR1. A man goes missing and the whole island is concerned.

Sammy, this thread is for the family, not how tough you are. I guess no novela to this story.

Again, to the Karsen family we pray for the loss of your loved one.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Several times in the last few days people have asked me in my bar what I know about this matter. My answer has been that, although there are several rumours & stories circulating about it, all I'm prepared to say is that a good man is dead.

The whys & wherefors don't interest me, & I believe that the majority of people in Costambar feel the same. Let's show Tore & his family the respect they deserve & remember that he was a fine fellow who died before his time.

I hope the authorities do their part to help his family find closure, & hopefully this incident will help people realise that, although beautiful, this island can be perilous & they will be more circumspect about their personal security in future. I know we are.

Reactions: AlaninDR

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
Such a horrible occurence

I have to extend our profound condolences to Tore's family. He was a truly genuine person and will be missed dearly. RIP

BxBorn

Jan 4, 2010
Tore was a great friend, and a good person. He was always smiling and had a pleasant word for everyone he met. From the first time you met him, you had a good time and knew you had a friend.
He is already greatly missed by the people who knew him.