Writing, art jobs in Santo Domingo

voleibolchica

Mar 31, 2009
I am currently living in Santo Domingo and would like to find a writing job at a magazine, newspaper, or corporation. I'm contracted at my current job until mid-to-late June, but I want to start meeting people and making contacts now so that I can secure a position at the beginning of August. My problem is that, since I'm new to the city, I have no idea where to begin looking. It seems that all of my googling leads to dead-ends and I'm beginning to feel as though there are no writing jobs in the city! :ermm:

I'd appreciate any websites, e-mail addresses, etc. that can help me in this search. I am not a fluent Spanish speaker (although I am taking classes), so the position will obviously have to be an English-only writing position.

Many, many, many thanks! I truly appreciate any help you can offer.

voleibolchica

Mar 31, 2009
I forgot to add that I have a degree in English writing, with a minor in visual art (with a focus in graphic design). I spent a year working for an internationally published magazine in the states and also worked as a marketing coordinator and designer.

voleibolchica

Mar 31, 2009
Still looking...

Hi all, I could still really use some help with this. :) Let me know if you have any suggestions.