BJJ in Santiago

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There is a Club at PUMMC. Contact number on the link. There are clubs in most major cities- there is one in La Vega also. Hillbilly is involved in Judo and can give you whatever info you are looking for. I was a green belt many, many moons ago.

The Judo Information Site Republic

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The best place to practice Judo in Santiago is at the PUCMM, 3rd floor Student center.
everyday--unless something has happened from 6-8.

THey are good sessions.

HB

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Judo at the university, as previously stated.

There is a BJJ school rumoured to be opening soon in santiago.

There is a BJJ school in Cabarete, one in San Francisco de Macoriz (I think) and 3 in Santo Domingo

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Judo at the university, as previously stated.

There is a BJJ school rumoured to be opening soon in santiago.

There is a BJJ school in Cabarete, one in San Francisco de Macoriz (I think) and 3 in Santo Domingo

Where are the BJJ schools in SD?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Go to the link I posted in post #2 and punch in Dominican republic and it will bring up the clubs in Santo Domingo, name of club and contact person.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Expat13:

BJJ in Santo Domingo:

The three people teaching are:

Abraham Marte (brown belt). He has a class at Caicique and, If I remember correctly, will be starting a class at the body shop.

Giancarlos. He is a brown belt and has a class at Gold's gym

Omar de la Cruz (brown belt). He runs fight training academy. He was a finalist in the recent Bellator welterweight tournament (which is MMA)

Of the three, in my humble opinion, the most technical is Abraham Marte, who medaled at purple superheavyweight at the Mundials and recently won (if I remember correctly) grappler's quest and the pan ams at purple. Don't quote me on the tournaments though.

Note that both the Gold's Gym and the Caicique group are Yamasaki afiliates. Also, there is a black belt who is often teaching at both those academies names Abraham as well.

I will try to get some phone numbers for you if you would like.

Boa Vida

Mar 10, 2010
BJJ in Santiago!!!!
I am an RGDA (Royler Gracie David Adiv) associate under the supervision of Prof. Mike Mrkulic. I have a small school in the downtown area (centro ciudad) and I open my doors to all who wishes to train the Gracie way.....You can call 829-872-0840 or 809-861-7332 to get more details...Web page coming up soon

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
BJJ in Santiago!!!!
I am an RGDA (Royler Gracie David Adiv) associate under the supervision of Prof. Mike Mrkulic. I have a small school in the downtown area (centro ciudad) and I open my doors to all who wishes to train the Gracie way.....You can call 829-872-0840 or 809-861-7332 to get more details...Web page coming up soon

Boa is great, a couple of the guys who I know that do judo at the PUCMM train with him and I've done a little capoeira with him too. He opened up a nice new dojo recently as well.

Always had a great time and always left sore as hell!