Drivers License Questions

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
My US license is suspended, and I won't be back till April to rectify that, will that hinder my getting a driver's license here?

Also, where do I need to go to get said license in Santiago.

Thanks!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My US license is suspended, and I won't be back till April to rectify that, will that hinder my getting a driver's license here?

Also, where do I need to go to get said license in Santiago.

Thanks!

No it won't at all. But you need a Dominican Cedula to get a license here.

The place is a few blocks off of Feb 27. Heading from Hache on Estrella you would make a right at Feb 27. When you come to a large ESSO gas station make a right turn, and it is a few blocks up. Just ask anyone.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
No it won't at all. But you need a Dominican Cedula to get a license here.

The place is a few blocks off of Feb 27. Heading from Hache on Estrella you would make a right at Feb 27. When you come to a large ESSO gas station make a right turn, and it is a few blocks up. Just ask anyone.
Is there more than one place to get the license, as those directions would not get you anywhere near Obra Publica where I got my license?

Avenita 27 Feb does not come into the picture at all.

From Hace, head West on Estrella, go many, many blocks, turn right at the Esso station, Obra Publica is several blocks to the North on the right.

Don

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is there more than one place to get the license, as those directions would not get you anywhere near Obra Publica where I got my license?

Avenita 27 Feb does not come into the picture at all.

From Hace, head West on Estrella, go many, many blocks, turn right at the Esso station, Obra Publica is several blocks to the North on the right.

Don

I got my license where I said in my post. This was quite awhile ago, but the directions are the same. Read mine though, not yours please.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I got my license where I said in my post. This was quite awhile ago, but the directions are the same. Read mine though, not yours please.
So in answer to my question, you are saying there is more than one place to get the license, as my directions take you to Obra Publica as I stated, which I wrote while looking at the map.

Don

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
If you wants to do it legally go to Obras Publicas located at Carretera Jacaguas esq Av Primera Camboya.
Other way pay some extra $$, to the drivers school at el Estadio Cibao & they will have everything done for you, they have some connections at Obras publica ( money under the table) I don't know if they are still doing this.:laugh:
But it used to be like that in the past.
Try you never know.

JJ

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
I'm a Dominican citizen, and I didn't think they'd be checking the status of another country's license.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I'm a Dominican citizen, and I didn't think they'd be checking the status of another country's license.
Agree, however in the event of a major accident, that's a way out for the insurance company. Then he's in deep sh*t.