Bus Service from La Romana or Bayhibe

J

JENNIFER

I was wondering if there is an express first class (meaning like a grey hound bus comprable to American standards) bus that runs from Bayahibe to Santo Domingo? If not is there one from La Romana to Santo Domingo? How much is it? Do the bus companies have a web page with schedule and fare info?

Thank you Jennifer

J

Jesse Sleeper

Yes. Metro & Caribe tours. Don't know of a website but they are top notch buses for less than $6 american each way. I took them everywhere.

J

JD

just happen to have the phone numbers handy. Metro bus (Metro Servicios Turisticos) is 530-2854 or 566-7126 in santo domingo. heard they were a little safer than Caribe Tours (221-4422/5424/5518 in santo domingo) -- all 809 area code

D

DR One

Neither Metro or Caribe Tours buses travel from Bayahibe or La Romana to Santo Domingo. You are stuck with the minibuses. Travel on an off peak time, so you wont be crowded in, and no problem.

J

JENNIFER

Bus.... Long distance from bayibe to SD?

Thanks for the info guys this helps alot. If I cant take a big bus then I will rough it on the little bus. Thanks again.

Oh ya one more thing....

Is it long distance to call from Bayahibe to Santo Domingo?

Jennifer

D

DR One

Re: Bus.... Long distance from bayibe to SD?

Yes, it is long distance.

J

john FRANKLIN

Hello from Belgium,

The best way to travel from La Romana to Santo Domingo is by using the "EXPRESSO" busses. Ask in La Romana for "LA PARADA DEL EXPRESSO PARA SANTO DOMINGO". This is a very serious organisation with very good quality transportation that travel every hour to Santo Domingo. The price is +/- 50 Pesos. 3.5 USD.

Hope this helps

John