adopt dog in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicep

Jul 26, 2009
hi to all,
wish you a fantastic new year..try to stick to new resolutions.
I am looking for a medium size dog,preferably not a puppy ,i would like to get
one out of the street and give it a second chance,is there a place here like theSPCA ?
thanks a lots

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Dogs and Cats.

Good for you!

Judy's Pet Lodge/AAAS has many dogs and cats that are looking for homes. Her place is just past, east, the Coastal station; the driveway is a little hard to see. I think that the Vet, Dr. Bob has a sign at the entrance.

We have a 16-18 week mix in "foster care" for Judy at our house. She is sweet, spayed and has all her shots. Would love to find her a new home also.

Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a, Inc.

PM me if you need more help.

Thanks and good luck. Ringo

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Adopt a dog

You may also wish to look on Facebook - lots of pictures under

Dogs and Cats Of The Dominican Republic

Please feel free to visit AAAS any time between 9am and 4pm - we will be happy to show you animals available for Adoption and fostering

We also welcome any sort of volunteers

Thanks

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I sent an e-mail to Judy about fostering dogs. I thought that people who stay here for 6 months of the year might be able to foster a dog whilst they are here and so relieve the financial burden on AAAS and give a dog a loving home for a period of time.
Does this exist anywhere else?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Temp. foster care?

Hello Black Dog and thanks for asking.

As I stated in my post above, we have foster cared for two and found a home for one. We live here full time and have the yard and indoor space along with the time and desire to do this. We will continue to care for Whiskers until she gets a new loving home. I know that two others are also doing foster care at this time.

We work with Judy/AAAS with what we can do and are comfortable with. I shared your thinking of part time foster care with Grandma Jen last evening and was going to discuss it with Judy today but could not get over to see her.

I short..... I think it is a great idea and a BIG win-win-win-win. The dog gets some love, care and attention. The care giver gets an opportunity to be loved have companionship and knows that they have ?done good?. Judy/AAAS has some costs covered and gets a better dog/cat back. I also look at the odds of the foster care giver finding the animal a permanent home being high.

Let me or Grandma Jen know if you do not get a quick response from Judy. I know that she gets very behind on her emails. I'll give her a nudge to get her going on email.

Thanks, Ringo

bicep

Jul 26, 2009
Hey ,
thanks a lots for your advice went to Judy's 2 days ago and adopted a beautiful female dog of 9 months (the young ones have a better chance) Branka ,she is great ,calm and
loving i am verry happy!!I highly recomend visiting Judy's ,before buying a dog ,
give those pets a second chance!!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thank YOU bicep!

Hey ,
thanks a lots for your advice went to Judy's 2 days ago and adopted a beautiful female dog of 9 months (the young ones have a better chance) Branka ,she is great ,calm and
loving i am verry happy!!I highly recomend visiting Judy's ,before buying a dog ,

This is so great to hear! I'm sure that Branka thinks so too.

The first few days normally require some adjusting. Please let us know if you have questions. Judy has been doing this a long time.

Best of luck to you both! Ringo

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Adopting a dog from AAAS

Hey ,

Well done, bicep... people like yourself are exactly what those lovely Dominican dogs need - a person who will love and respect them and give you friendship and loyalty in return.

Reactions: Tamborista

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Hey ,

Way to go Bicep. Enjoy. Post a pic if you get a chance...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Still working on it.. but?

I sent an e-mail to Judy about fostering dogs. I thought that people who stay here for 6 months of the year might be able to foster a dog whilst they are here and so relieve the financial burden on AAAS and give a dog a loving home for a period of time.
Does this exist anywhere else?

I can not and will not speak for Judy or AAAS. HOWEVER;

Judy is aware of this thread (and of your email B.D.) and is giving a lot of consideration to it. Judy and others are giving her much to think about with the main concern being the animals. We are working on how to best ensure for the animals well being but it is Judy's program and we all respect what she has done and is doing.

Please give us/Judy a couple of days to come up with an answer to your question. Perhaps you, Black Dog and others, have some ideas that could help. Please PM me or Grandma Jen if you wish.

That's the best "ASAP" that I can give you for tonight.

Thank you. Ringo

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Thanks for the update Ringo
I know that Judy and the AAAS do a great job, there was no criticism intended and I can understand that there are many ways an idea has to be considered before running with it or rejecting it! It was following a conversation with the OP that I sent the e-mail to Judy but I got one of these delayed e-mail warnings so I wasn't sure that it even arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.