Treehouse, Sosua Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
afternoon all

our wedding planner has booked us the Treehouse on Sosua Beach for our ceremony and reception... anyone familiar with the place? is it a nice venue?

thanks!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
It is just a casita on the beach...one of the bigger ones (out of about 180), but not really a "venue" or even a restaurant. It is a covered kitchen and about 90% of the tables are on the beach, open to the public. It could be pretty cool and kind of "funky" but there may be many 100's of people trying to "crash" your wedding... here's their website...if you look at other photos of Sosua beach you will see the other casitas and how the tables are setup.

http://treehousesosua.com/

When you look at the picture, realize that is not the front of the "restaurant", it is the WHOLE restaurant.

Reactions: Tamborista

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
oh ****.. and.. ****!

i've now sent three emails to Casa Marina Reef with no reply over the last two months to find out about their wedding packages...anyone know a more direct route other than the info@ and customerservice@ emails on their website wedding page? Or can anyone suggest a venue for what we're wanting? any of the smaller hotels on or around the beach(es) in Sosua for instance?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The Waterfront Restaurant has a nice backdrop, as does The Pierrgeorgio, but their kitchen gets less than stellar reviews.

Why not rent that old boat shipwreck in the middle of of Sosua Beach?

You could make it a theme wedding with puffy shirts and treasure chests.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The Low Talker???
object_shirt.jpg

The Waterfront Restaurant has a nice backdrop, as does The Pierrgeorgio, but their kitchen gets less than stellar reviews.

Why not rent that old boat shipwreck in the middle of of Sosua Beach?

You could make it a theme wedding with puffy shirts and treasure chests.

Pierrgeogio is a very nice place for a wedding reception with beautiful views of Sosua bay especially in the evening, I believe they have a new chef there and the food is better now so I hear.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Email Rich Weber, who owns 4T (Tours, Trips, Treks and Travel). He was my go-to guy for groups when I owned a hotel in town and has recently (formally) set up a wedding service. I say formally, because he was doing it anyway for a lot of groups and decided to make it part of his core group.

American guy, professional, with a TONNE of experience and an ability to keep everyone cool under pressure.

His direct line is 809 867 8884 or you can check out his website at 4TW | Dominican Wedding Planner > 100% Customized Events

I highly and happily recommend him.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I second the recommendation for Rich Weber. He's not your average wedding planner and Ive seen and heard about some of the weddings and receptions he's done. I'm pretty sure he can work with any budget and he can definitely do "over the top" stuff as well...

Also, if you want a really nice beachfront setting for either the wedding and/or the reception, you may want to look into Embocca in Cabarete. It is one of the best locations on the North Coast for a waterfront event...especially if you do it daytime or at sunset... here's their facebook page:

Embocca Cabarete | Facebook

mrcancun

Jan 4, 2010
Look at the top.

Sos?a-News
Sos?a has many romantic spots where bridal couples can hold their wedding ceremony in a lovely tropical atmosphere. The Piergiorgio Palace Hotel is a good example of a romantic wedding location. The hotel is undoubtedly one of the loveliest along the north coast of the Dominican Republic, as it is built in a delightful Victorian style. The primarily white-coloured hotel is built on a small peninsula overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, with wonderful views of the deep blue ocean from the various terraces around the hotel.
However, Hotel Sos?a by the Sea also has wonderful ocean views, and its restaurant it ideal for an unforgettable wedding. Linda from Mel Tour is also very good at organising weddings. She coordinates the complete wedding according to the wishes of the bride and groom, which may include a boat trip for the entire wedding party, and live Caribbean music performed by a Dominican band.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
Linda is a diamond and a dear friend to myself and my partner. she has already provided a lot of help to us already. whatever we decide on (having provisionally settled on the Treehouse) we will definately have the most confidence from having Linda involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.