Plaza Real Resort

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Any feedback on Plaza Real Resort hotel?

Just for a 2 day simple getaway- not looking for extravagance

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Centre of villas del mar Juan Dolio. Nice grounds, pool. Bit old and tired. Can be dusty as lots of construction around. Busy at weekends with dominicans. Full of Italians atm. is OK. Lots of italian restaurants within 5 metres - like 3!!

matilda

Jalai

Jun 1, 2009
I stayed there in June 2009. Central location was a plus. They kept an eye on my rental car. Staff was very accommodating. Bar by the pool, nice, but the room was very dated. Fine for me, travelling alone on business. I'm told the street in front will be paved in a couple of weeks, so the dust should diminish. Could not be any closer to public access to the beach.

Jalai

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I stayed there in June 2009. Central location was a plus. They kept an eye on my rental car. Staff was very accommodating. Bar by the pool, nice, but the room was very dated. Fine for me, travelling alone on business. I'm told the street in front will be paved in a couple of weeks, so the dust should diminish. Could not be any closer to public access to the beach.

Jalai
Thanks for feedback!

You say they were going to pave the road in a week. Was that a week from when you were there in June, or a week from now? Im going there this weekend.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks for feedback!

You say they were going to pave the road in a week. Was that a week from when you were there in June, or a week from now? Im going there this weekend.

They did pave it ....... then dug it up again!!! It is sort of paved but with big holes in it and is dusty!!

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I was there last week, my boss stay there when he come, and the street are not paved yet, the part of El Tanque was paved last week.

the hotel its fine, if you are looking for a luxury place so you know continue looking.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
hotel real

yeah I was there yesterday and today with a couple of ex pats from boston who live around there, they go to the hotel for the cold beers and the pool , as everyone has stated the rooms are dated but for the money they get per night you cant beat it. only thing is theres nothing around there at night except the restaurants in front. oh and the dust!!! you can count on that there for at least another ten years!!! lol

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
yeah I was there yesterday and today with a couple of ex pats from boston who live around there, they go to the hotel for the cold beers and the pool , as everyone has stated the rooms are dated but for the money they get per night you cant beat it. only thing is theres nothing around there at night except the restaurants in front. oh and the dust!!! you can count on that there for at least another ten years!!! lol

I was there for the long weekend-it was exactly as stated above. Special note my bed was hard and painful to the back.

No real nightlife around and the restos around it are very loud music until very late if you plan to sleep early-a challenge.

I have a Canadian amigo who is interested in going to Juan Dolio and he asked if there is a nightlife and if chicas or chica bars in the area...I didnt know and didnt see either.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I was there for the long weekend-it was exactly as stated above. Special note my bed was hard and painful to the back.

No real nightlife around and the restos around it are very loud music until very late if you plan to sleep early-a challenge.

I have a Canadian amigo who is interested in going to Juan Dolio and he asked if there is a nightlife and if chicas or chica bars in the area...I didnt know and didnt see either.

Chicas are everywhere in JD you just have to open your eyes.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Chicas are everywhere in JD you just have to open your eyes.

Oh Ok, I will head out there again next week, this time I will open my eyes. I never thought it was that simple. Why was that not mentioned here earlier Frank?
Please dont hold back such wisdom in the future.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Expat for girls you have Caprichos 'nightclub' on the Boulevard at the top el el tanque road, El Caucho 'nightclub'again on the Boulevard but the old Juan Dolio end. In old Juan Dolio there are far more than Villas del mar where Plaza Real is. As Dre said, Cacique bar, plus opposite there is a chica strip club.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
and don't forget my personal favorite, Chocolate!!! they even have karaoke on friday nights!