Any flights from Haiti to the DR ?

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
Hi everyone ! my cousin who lives in California, wants to know if there are any flights available from Haiti to the DR, does anyone know ? if so, which companies?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
from where in haiti to where in the DR?
if its just to get out, they might want to try the bus, or paying taxis on each end.

the airport in PAP just was reopened this morning by US special forces, but possibly flights out of cap haitian are continuing as normal

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
From Port au Prince to Santo Domingo. He's supposed to get back to the States, but it seems like airports in Port au Prince are closed. So I told him to pay a taxi to the Border and once he gets to the dominican side, he can take a bus to Santo Domingo and fly from there. Do you guys have any options ? He's in a hurry, any help would be greatly appreciated !

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
thats how i would do it.

he should be able to figure this out pretty easily on the ground himself.

the key dependency will be enough cash to buy his way through. if it were me, i'd probably take US$1000 and get a haitian police guy to guide/help get me through the haitian side safely. once he's in the DR he'll be fine. he wouldn't need all that money, but if he has it he can buy his way out of problems.

personally, i'd get a move on and get out of there quickly

christinehava

Jan 14, 2010
hi,

i would like help getting from the DR to haiti to help with the relief effort. my friend is going down from new york but cant get a flight into PAP. would anyone be willing to give us some information about getting from the DR to haiti? it is him and his search and rescue dog - working as an individual releif organization. i just joined this site today to see if i could make some contacts in the DR. i don't know so well how to post on here so hoping someone reads this! thank you!!!!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
of course. i'm just talking about what i would do to get out of a disaster zone where i felt my life was at risk like it might be in haiti right now.

your friend could hitchhike to the DR with military or medical transportation of some kind, then catch a bus from the border to santo domingo.

but this is stuff your friend needs to figure out on the ground.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Dominican Red Cross

hi,

i would like help getting from the DR to haiti to help with the relief effort. my friend is going down from new york but cant get a flight into PAP. would anyone be willing to give us some information about getting from the DR to haiti? it is him and his search and rescue dog - working as an individual releif organization. i just joined this site today to see if i could make some contacts in the DR. i don't know so well how to post on here so hoping someone reads this! thank you!!!!

He could contact the Dominican REd Cross... the head speaks English...

send a FAX with the heading

OFERTA DE AYUDA

and they will find someone to translate.

Certainly dogs are needed

Direcci?n: Calle Juan Enrique Dunant #51, Ensanche Miraflores,
Santo Domingo, Republica Dominicana.

Tel?fono: 809 334-4545, 809-412-8207

Fax: 809 412-8360, 809-238-5252

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Caribe Tours buses

Hi everyone ! my cousin who lives in California, wants to know if there are any flights available from Haiti to the DR, does anyone know ? if so, which companies?

I spoke with Caribe Tours today and they are operating one bus a day, per usual.

They said that they were going into TABARRE... not their usual spot of Petionville....

That is near the US Embassy so he should be able to find his way from there

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
as usual mountainannie has the best info. caribe tours is your answer, make sure you buy your tickets well in advance because it will probably be quite full.