Playa Grande Golf

Pyth0s

Dec 8, 2009
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could give me the best solution for 5 guys to get to and get back from Playa Grande Golf course from Las Terrenas. I've read enough about how brutal the driving is down there so I don't think renting a car would be the best proposition.

Let me know

Cheers!

Pyth0s

Pyth0s

Dec 8, 2009
I tried calling these guys to book a tee time. E-mailed them as well a few weeks ago and have not gotten any response nor answer. Does anyone know if they are even open? They did change the website to reflect 2010 prices around mid December, so I know someone somewhere is working there.

Any info would be great as crunch time is soon (I Arrive Jan 30th)

I used the contact info from the website being:

Rolando Fernandez de Castro
General Manager
Playa Grande Golf Course
rfernandez@playagrande.com
Tel. 809-582-0860 ext. 21
Fax. 809-582-9884

Mirlania Caraballo
Executive Assistant
Playa Grande Golf Course
mcaraballo@playagrande.com
Tel. 809-582-0860 ext 22
Fax 809-582-9884

And neither seem to respond.

Cheers!

Pyth0s

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I am quite positive the golf course is open.. unless it closed since Saturday. I drove by this weekend and there were actually more people playing than I've seen in a long time. Groups on almost every visible hole.

Sorry, I can't really help with transportation ideas. We drive here and don't find the roads too bad, but if you aren't used to it, it might be a bit much. I am sure you could hire a taxi to take you, but it would probably cost between $150 - 200 USD from Las Terrenas.

Have a great time!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I spoke to the 'Pro Shop' just 3 minutes ago & got through first time. I also spoke to the Pro there last week & confirmed that the course is operational!

YES, they ARE open for business. PM me if you feel I can help further as I will be going there myself on Wednesday next with a group of people! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
We are SIX at the moment with maybe a seventh to join us later today! Knowing the way you play sometimes, the two LADIES might need a partner ;) :cheeky: so bring your handbag honey:bunny::bunny:!

Actually, what we did yesterday was play a couple (husband & wife) & then change to the other couple after the first nine!! Worked out pretty good.

Are you still on for that? Going through your place at about 09.00! ~ Grahame.

Pyth0s

Dec 8, 2009
Confused

Thanks for the responses.

Is there a different phone # then the ones listed above to call for Tee Times?

Please let me know.

It would be for Feburary 5th 11am Walking for 6 Guys.

Cheers!

Peter

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Peter,
The ADMIN section is closed today because it is a National Holiday.

I rang the Pro Shop (same number but Ext 30) & was answered within 6 rings!! Check with them to see what the cost would be for walking (IF they allow it) because always prices seem to be quoted with cart included! You will most likely have to take at least two caddies so be prepared for that expense too!

Send me a PM with your e-mail address as I might have a way to organise you a discount. This might help offset your taxis fare a bit!:pirate::pirate:!;) ~ Grahame.