If this doesn't shock you, well nothing will!

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
I have also read and heard from experts that DR are very helping Haiti very much now. I have heard that 5000 injured Haitians are now treated in hospital close to the Haitian border.

DR is one way also a poor country and and now use a lot of money to help Haiti, so I would be good idea if a lot of foreigners in future travel to DR and spend a lot of money in DR, to help DR get better economy again, after all the money they will use on Haiti

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
That is truly incredible, if it's true...all inferences or jokes about their curruption and other sources of income aside.

One bright spot in all of this is the opportunity for the DR, it's government and its people to shine and show their willingness to help neighbors in need. It really appears this is happening. It's one thing for the US and other developed/First World countries to send assets and money to help, but for the DR to do it, given the economy here and the long standing animosity between the countries...is awesome.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I, quite frankly, have been impressed by the effectiveness and the openhandeness of the Dominican government.

I am not at all impressed with CNN's lack of mention of same. The DR has 10 mobile kitchens dishing out food to thepoor; 8 fully staffed mobile hospitals serving the poor.
Not a single mention so far, But I cannot be categoric.

Applause were merited!!

HB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I heard all about the Dominican help on MSNBC......about the trucks and kitchens doctors.......wounded being taken to Jimani's hospital, etc.etc.

CNN MORE CONCENTRATED on the streets of Port au Prince.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I've got CNN en Espa?ol on at the bagel place where I'm having to use wi-fi and haven't noticed much in way of mentions of the DR.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
They could promise anything but let's hope that they act on that promise.

I second that. A lot of countries, corporations, institutions promised alot of things during the Tsunami in South Asia a few years back but many didnt deliver. The good will generated by the press release apparently was good enough.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
CNN did talk about the DR's level and depth of cooperation for several minutes early this morning...definitely sounded good.

That sounds good, although I've been following CNN and they seem to be more occupied with what the US is doing (natural) than anyone else.
I have been impressed, a good friend and UN worker said the military were at the airport here this morning taking on lots of supplies to about a 30+ strong convoy of military vehicles.
Many of the UN workers arrived yesterday and have had to get to the DR from haiti after getting to ground zero and finding they were without supplies for themselves, they were at the 24 hour last night buying out the entire shop apparently.

Good luck to all, and hope this is a turn around.