*** ALERT from FEMA ***

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
My nephew in DC is a reasonably big wig at FEMA and reports the following

There have been delays at the airport in PAP in delivering supplies because some well meaning volunteers arrived expecting that they would be fed and watered

DO NOT go into PAP unless you have a contact there with a well who will take you in

WATER is in very short supply

There are serious delays now at the border as the road has been hit.

IT now will take 7 hours from the border to get into PAP-- as opposed to one hour.

PLEASE DO GO into PAP unless you are trained first responder working with the Dominican Red CROSS

THE MOST PRESSING need now is WATER

ANYTHING that delays the WATER TRUCKS hinders the rescue efforts.

please see my blog at http://elizabetheames.blogspot.com for more continued updates from HAITI

kembe la

Last edited by a moderator:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I agree that at the moment only experencied teams should enter haiti because if not you are not backup with the necessary suplies to take care of yourself because there is nothing for an individual, you could be in trouble yourself pretty soon, but I find it hard to believe that THAT is the reason that supplies are being hindered to enter the city.

Maybe you can call your nephew and pleed that aid needed to be in the disaster zone TWO DAY's ago?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Please be aware that the port in PAP is essentially inoperable.. that the pier has fallen into the water and the road is impassable

the airport can only accept one plane at a time because there is no area for waiting plans to sit

At the time that i spoke with him, the air traffic control tower was inoperable

Arrangements have been with the DR to accept aid through the port of Barahona and the air strip there as well

he told me that at FEMA it is ALL HAITI ALL DAY

recovery efforts -- including USAID, DHS, USCG, FEMA, HHS, and DOD are all being coordinated through SOUTHCOM.

So this is the BEST that can be DONE

I know that it is hard to sit and know that people are dying

please go and donate blood at the Red Cross

Give money to the Jesuits and or the various collection spots in the DR

They are in a position to get the aid most rapidly into Haiti