Thank you

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Thank you

-Thank you for the response from all in the Dominican Republic to Haiti?s problems
-Thank you to the Dominican government and their military for their immediate response of people, water, food, and equipment
-Thank you to Dominicans who have and continue to provide transportation in and out of Haiti in all forms
-Thank you to Dominican businesses and their people who have responded immediately with goods and people for assistance
-Thank you to all who passed news in all shapes and forms regarding the earthquake and its victims
-Thank you to all who continue to do things to help aid people affected by this earthquake
-Thank you to DR1 for providing a great place for communications
-Thank you to the Dominican Congress for remembering that there are others who need their help and for following through on their commitments
-Thank you to those who point out shortcomings and necessities that may or may not have been overlooked, and to those who may follow up on their suggestions
-Thank you to those who have helped people passing through the Dominican Republic to get to Haiti in order to help, coordinate movement of assistance, provide news coverage, or to evacuate others

Today I am thankful that:
-I have not had to suffer like the people in PAP and its surroundings
-I have a safe, intact, secure place to live
-I have water, food, medicine, electricity and anything else I desire available on demand
-I can buy all the fuel I want or need at a reasonable price, wherever I may be in the DR
-the sun is shining
-I can pick up a telephone or go to the computer and be in instant contact with the world
-most people have never smelled a decaying body, and if they do, they can escape the smell by going 100 yards down the road
-I have good health
-my family members are healthy and safe
-I am allowed to say what?s on my mind without worry of repercussions to my freedoms
-I can drive wherever I need to go, without obstructions, and that there are many roads to get there
-if I receive food that is not to my liking, I can walk away and find something better for me within 100 yards of where I now stand
- if I choose to, I can go to a place of worship and there will be a service held there.

The past few days have been overwhelming to me with the flood of sad and disturbing news coming from Haiti. Today, I choose to be thankful for what I normally take for granted. I am hopeful that one day, the people in Haiti will also be able to enjoy what I now do.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
To the OP...excellent post, you get my vote for "Post of the Day".

Thanks for expressing what a lot of us feel. We really should be counting our blessings.