Another way we can help

?

? bient?t

Es muy bueno for me. Yo tratar de nuevo - linky trabajinky.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Ahonrinky sinky.

But seriously - we already have many secular organisations on the case.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
thanks for this.. i just refused to help a "Christian" org who wanted to support their one Canadian in Jacmel.... since I have the name of a Haitian with a truck in Anse a Pitres...
but I said that they would have to tell me their stand on Voodu first

not going to help any of those Pat Robertson loooonniiiiieeesss who are all over Haiti

like white on rice

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
thanks for this.. i just refused to help a "Christian" org who wanted to support their one Canadian in Jacmel.... since I have the name of a Haitian with a truck in Anse a Pitres...
but I said that they would have to tell me their stand on Voodu first

not going to help any of those Pat Robertson loooonniiiiieeesss who are all over Haiti

like white on rice

Speaking of Jacmel, the Canadian DART is going to set up in Jacmel now, as there are numerous groups in PauP but nothing in Jacmel where there are an estimated 3000 dead and 80,000 homeless. The fact that the GG is from Jacmel probably has something to do with it.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
What about the UK?

I have friends in London who are willing to adopt

but they told me that the UK has a policy of not putting black babies with white parents

can some Brit on the board check that out for us?

mesi davant

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have friends in London who are willing to adopt

but they told me that the UK has a policy of not putting black babies with white parents

can some Brit on the board check that out for us?

mesi davant

Adoption in the UK is a loooong old process. First the potential adoptive parents need to be approved as adoptive parents on a variety of criteria. I don't know how long this takes currently because I'm not there but maybe someone who is can tell you. Then the matching process begins. This article highlights that there are quite a few black kids in care in UK who are there because of this policy.
Our racist adoption rules leave black children festering in care : Johann Hari

Suggest your friends read the stuff on here:
BAAF - Adoption legislation, policy & practice

and the legislation Children and Adoption Act 2006

My guess is that there is an equally long process in Haiti as per the experience of American adoptive parents. First it has to be established that the children are indeed orphans. Not sure if enough Haitian governmental infrastructure is in place right now to do that, but I doubt it.

The first thing your friends would need to do is to get themselves approved as adoptive parents. They should contact BAAF as above and/or Adoption UK

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Thanks!

Adoption in the UK is a loooong old process. First the potential adoptive parents need to be approved as adoptive parents on a variety of criteria. I don't know how long this takes currently because I'm not there but maybe someone who is can tell you. Then the matching process begins. This article highlights that there are quite a few black kids in care in UK who are there because of this policy.
Our racist adoption rules leave black children festering in care : Johann Hari

Suggest your friends read the stuff on here:
BAAF - Adoption legislation, policy & practice

and the legislation Children and Adoption Act 2006

My guess is that there is an equally long process in Haiti as per the experience of American adoptive parents. First it has to be established that the children are indeed orphans. Not sure if enough Haitian governmental infrastructure is in place right now to do that, but I doubt it.

The first thing your friends would need to do is to get themselves approved as adoptive parents. They should contact BAAF as above and/or Adoption UK

I have forwarded it.