Grupo Vicini Helps

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
They are collecting donations and will match all donations up to US$1 million.

They opened account ?Fundaci?n INICIA, Cuenta Damnificados Hait? in:

Banco BHD (Account in pesos: 0101-1042435-001-0 & Account in U.S. Dollars: 0101-1042435-002-8)

Banco Le?n (Account in pesos: 689930 & Account in U.S. Dollars: 9872557)

The funds will be coordinated via the Red Cross, Save the Children, and UNICEF.

Also, the conglomerate has donated US$5 million worth of products, services and technical help.

Roughly:

• US$1 million in construction rods.
  • More than 1 million rations of Parmalat milk.
  • 100,000 pounds of sugar
  • Grupo Vicini technicians are helping in reestablishing the electrical grid in Port-au-Prince.
  • All the water that is necessary has been donated from their subsidiary Planeta Agua Azul.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Wow

They are collecting donations and will match all donations up to US$1 million.

They opened account ?Fundaci?n INICIA, Cuenta Damnificados Hait? in:

Banco BHD (Account in pesos: 0101-1042435-001-0 & Account in U.S. Dollars: 0101-1042435-002-8)

Banco Le?n (Account in pesos: 689930 & Account in U.S. Dollars: 9872557)

The funds will be coordinated via the Red Cross, Save the Children, and UNICEF.

Also, the conglomerate has donated US$5 million worth of products, services and technical help.

Roughly:

• US$1 million in construction rods.
  • More than 1 million rations of Parmalat milk.
  • 100,000 pounds of sugar
  • Grupo Vicini technicians are helping in reestablishing the electrical grid in Port-au-Prince.
  • All the water that is necessary has been donated from their subsidiary Planeta Agua Azul.

It takes a lot of cojones for them to think that anyone who really understand HAiti is going to deposit to their account!!!!!!!!!!!!!=%$%($?%"$&$?#&)%?&)"%&?/

but thanks for the five million, really!!!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Why so much hate towards Vicini?? Why people have to believe crazy allegations in dubious documentals?? No private entity in the world has matched what Vicini's has offered to date.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
NALs, please clarify any relationship you have with Grupo Vicini

What this have to do with anything, it was well reported in the DR news the donations made by the Vicini's. It seems like everybody love to play "being the FBI" these days

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Try talking to hundreds of dominicans in Guayacanes who have lost their homes.

Jan 3, 2003
Never trust wealthy Dominicans.

Many achieved their wealth through deception, crony capitalist means, unfair business practices, unfair labor practices, clientele operations, etc ad infinitum.

Donate directly to the Red Cross and Unicef- 1-800-HELP NOW and 1-800-4-UNICEF.

Larry King Live is running a 2 hour fund-raising special right now.

redcross.org

unicefusa.org

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
The Price of Sugar

Why so much hate towards Vicini?? Why people have to believe crazy allegations in dubious documentals?? No private entity in the world has matched what Vicini's has offered to date.

Guess you did not follow the saga of the movie which is still banned here in the DR

or Father Hartley

The Vincinis made their money on sugar

with Haitian labor

living in places where i would not put a goat

well, perhaps a goat

but certainly not a dog

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Guess you did not follow the saga of the movie which is still banned here in the DR

or Father Hartley

The Vincinis made their money on sugar

with Haitian labor

living in places where i would not put a goat

well, perhaps a goat

but certainly not a dog

I did, and the credibility levels of both father hartley and that movie are the lower of the low. Mountainannie I respect everything you have done in this tragedy and you are by far the member of DR1 who has done the most, but I believe in this case you are bit misguided.

?

? bient?t

(I haven't had time to read or post much lately.)

NALs, on the other hand, will require three types of surgeries:

Carpal T.S. (Too much typing)
Rotator cuff (too much self-congratulations and patting himself on the back)
Tennis elbow (same as above)

NALs, stop bragging about the DR. A week ago, you more or less called it Haiti's problem, not the DR's. A week of Anderson Cooper, and all of the sudden you can't help it: "we did this, we did that." Well, no sh*t, Sherlock!

Enough already. DO SOMETHING USEFUL FOR ONCE.

When the going gets tough, NALs self-congratulates on DR1.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
How exactly did they lose their homes?
They built the homes on land that never belong to them in the first place. Many of them have been compensated either monetarily or will be given a new home currently being built in the vicinity, all equipped with modern conveniences unlike the shacks they initially built. This is what happens in the DR when your private land is invaded because local authorities didn't protect it as they are legally obligated to do before a group of people try to steal it. When you decide to use it you have to pay the invaders to give you your land back, and as a bonus, you get your name smeared in the process.

Or having a couple of foreigners defame you by filming on other people's properties and attributing those conditions to your own, while after being pressured to tell the truth, they very quietly reveal that they "exaggerated a little bit." Of course, now that the Haitian people need help, they are nowhere to be found. Not a word, not anything at a time of relative ease to speak up and having the world listen. Smoke and mirrors and five seconds of fame, that's all they're good for.

In any case, the help is there and this is one of the most generous gestures from the Dominican private sector and a family that has done so much for the development of the country.

The Clear Enigma

Oct 24, 2009
As someone who has conducted buisness with many Dominican nationals in the past and present,I must share my acknowledgement that Dominican businessmen are not that different from many of the other entrepreneurs of other nationalities that I have dealt with. One thing I must single out though,that when it comes to helping in times of crisis,I can testify that their hearts become more bland, in general ,naturally,so I strongly doubt that the Vicini group is trying to extort money from well intentioned citizens who just want to lend a helping hand.

Reactions: mike l

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
certainly did not want to defame

the Vincinis

who are by all accounts one of very top of top dogs

certainly want to stay in the country

i have seen the movie

took it with a block of salt as i do christopher hartley
but he said some things that needed to be said

and with that
enough said about the vincinis

who do not, in the end, have my respect

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002

Many achieved their wealth through deception, crony capitalist means, unfair business practices, unfair labor practices, clientele operations, etc ad infinitum.
I must say the above post is right on the money... I would rather see money being channeled through organizations with a 1st hand knowledge of the situation on the ground, such as Red-Cross or Churches...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Takes one to know one. There are private companies everywhere that employ people at low wages, but still contribute vast sums of money for charities, and foundations....etc.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm glad help gets there no matter WHO sends it.

Vincini should be applauded for their charity.