What will happen to real estate prices?

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
It may be too early to tell and any answer may be speculative but? I was thinking, won?t the demand for building supplies created by the reconstruction of Haiti push up real estate prices in DR? Will building cost go up? Will it have negative impact on the environment considering the demand for cement, sand and stone?

I was waiting until I had property in the US to buy property in DR. Now that I have my home here, I am getting ready to buy an apt in SD in two years. Now I?m wondering if I should speed up my plans since there is a potential for a steep increase in real estate prices.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
It may be too early to tell and any answer may be speculative but… I was thinking, won’t the demand for building supplies created by the reconstruction of Haiti push up real estate prices in DR? Will building cost go up? Will it have negative impact on the environment considering the demand for cement, sand and stone?

I was waiting until I had property in the US to buy property in DR. Now that I have my home here, I am getting ready to buy an apt in SD in two years. Now I’m wondering if I should speed up my plans since there is a potential for a steep increase in real estate prices.

Real Estate prices in the DR are not going up any time soon.

Building materials always go up which leads to defaults on projects where people speculate to buy purchasing a property at pre - construction prices and when the project cannot be completed so then the legal troubles begin and the nightmares start.

With that being said you could look at the other side of the coin and think " with all of the disaster perhaps it's a buyers market"

Bottom line:

If you want to live here, live here for awhile to see if you like all that the DR offers, both positive and negative!

More imprtantly, Do Your Homework and use the search function the DR1 offers in order to make an informed decision!