hotels in barahona

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Does anyone know if there are any hotel vacancies in the Barahona area? Or are they all booked up with the relief workers? I was more leaning towards the Hotel Playa Azul. Let me know and thanks
Hammerdown

Last edited:

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
I was in Barahona yesterday and saw a lot of relief worker's vehicles, but all in Barahona, I think you might find vacancies in Playa Azul, Pontevedra or Casa Bonita, Barahona hotels might be full.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Try Costa Larimar. It's fairly large. They may have rooms. I have heard that Barahona is packed with press and relief workers.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Does anyone know if there are any hotel vacancies in the Barahona area? Or are they all booked up with the relief workers? I was more leaning towards the Hotel Playa Azul. Let me know and thanks
Hammerdown

Good choice! After researching several in the area, we were thrilled we picked Hotel Playazul. We stayed there in June 2009 and liked everything about the hotel, especially the hot showers!

I believe it is good value for money. The restaurant is ok but we went in to Barahona and surrounds to try other places too.

Enjoy ! Feel free to PM with any specific questions

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I've stayed there before, and did so again for 3 days.....great place to stay, but drloca, you must have taken the hot water with you....lol.... most of the relief workers are in Jimani now, but did see a few vehicles....we also went to Barahona for food.
thanks for the replies all