Reading up on EQ preparedness, physical injuries etc

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I thought it might be useful to start a thread with reading materials on the subject of EQ preparedness for us as individuals. Please post any links you find useful.

I know about the different viewpoints as to whether one should 'drop, cover and hold' or curl up in a void space. Maybe we'll get some country specific advice for the DR geared to type of likely falling construction in this country?

I'll start with just three:
Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency
Scroll down to 'emergency action'

Red Cross Earthquake Safety Tips

After an Earthquake: Management of Crush Injuries & Crush Syndrome

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
If I can get permission, I'll post a link to my website, preparedness products and my preparedness guide. For that matter, the manuscript in MSWORD is available FREE...the guide has been published and it's content protected. Send me a PM with an email address.

Robert, help me help DR1er's......provide me a place to post the entire guide!

When you live prepared, you're prepared to live!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If I can get permission, I'll post a link to my website, preparedness products and my preparedness guide. For that matter, the manuscript in MSWORD is available FREE...the guide has been published and it's content protected. Send me a PM with an email address.

Robert, help me help DR1er's......provide me a place to post the entire guide!

When you live prepared, you're prepared to live!

Post the link.

calverde

Dec 22, 2009
1. have large plastic bottles handy in safe, diverse and easy access spots... and canned food, first aid. 2. don't put large heavy things above bed, like tv or book shelf, that fall and injure you while you are in bed or sleeping. 3. during quake, stay calm and 'ride' it out. (sorry, no link, just advice)