Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: Dominican Hipocracy wiith Haiti's delema

  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation Dominican Hipocracy wiith Haiti's delema

    What's with all this Hipocracy with the Haiti's Earthquake, all of a sudden they are according to national news "nuestro hermanos"[our brothers]
    Haiti was never consider family to the Dominican Republic; they were always a problem with panhandlers, illegal work status.....
    Within a couple of years I would like to see if "our brothers" slogan will still be used when addressing our neighbors.

    Honestly how can they be consider our brothers when a Haitian women gives birth in a Dominican hospital and CANT get a Dominican birth certificate.
    I wish someone would address this issue

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I believe some of the "hypocrisy" is obvious and the world knows about it as shown in this Paul Newman narrated film...

    THE PRICE OF SUGAR

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesarduysousa View Post
    What's with all this Hipocracy with the Haiti's Earthquake, all of a sudden they are according to national news "nuestro hermanos"[our brothers]
    Haiti was never consider family to the Dominican Republic; they were always a problem with panhandlers, illegal work status.....
    Within a couple of years I would like to see if "our brothers" slogan will still be used when addressing our neighbors.
    Well apparently to you going backward is better.

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesarduysousa View Post
    Honestly how can they be consider our brothers when a Haitian women gives birth in a Dominican hospital and CANT get a Dominican birth certificate.
    I wish someone would address this issue
    Why don't you ask the Haitian gov't why their citizens can't have dual citizenship? Also, with no real deterent to the flood of immigration here all we need is an incentive to triple the amount of illegal immigrants. You want to see friction and strife? Then again I believe many don't care if blood is spilt - because most of the people with opinions like that do not live here.

    BTW, there is a plan in place here in the DR for Haitian children here to get birth certificates - it has been discussed on this forum and I even know a Dominican Haitian pastor who processes the paperwork.

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Dominicans and the Haitians have a common link which is Africa.

    In that sense, both groups are brothers BUT like in all families especially ones with different fathers, there will always be CONFLICT.

    There are so many Haitians in the DR that eventually they will mix with the Dominican populace and become Dominicans themselves.

    Sociological paradigm- Proximity trumps ideology.
    Last edited by Onions/Carrots; 01-22-2010 at 09:18 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesarduysousa View Post
    What's with all this Hipocracy with the Haiti's Earthquake, all of a sudden they are according to national news "nuestro hermanos"[our brothers]
    Haiti was never consider family to the Dominican Republic; they were always a problem with panhandlers, illegal work status.....
    Within a couple of years I would like to see if "our brothers" slogan will still be used when addressing our neighbors.

    Honestly how can they be consider our brothers when a Haitian women gives birth in a Dominican hospital and CANT get a Dominican birth certificate.
    I wish someone would address this issue
    Does this change in politics upset you? I believe the world's social behavior is going through a evolutionary era in tolerance. I can definitely appreciate this change.

  6. #6
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesarduysousa View Post
    Honestly how can they be consider our brothers when a Haitian women gives birth in a Dominican hospital and CANT get a Dominican birth certificate.
    I wish someone would address this issue
    It never ceases to fascinate me how often people "forget" to include the words illegal immigrants where such words belong. Its understandable that injecting those words changes the entire argument, but it has to be included if we are going to treat this issue with any sincerity.

  7. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    5,689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey...it's like any family. I may fight with my brother and be mad at him, but if a tragedy happened to him I would be the first one to be by his side. Same thing if someone from a different family wanted to fight my brother I would definitely stand with him...

    Haiti is that one brother to The DR...you know the one we all have who doesn't live up to his potential and we have to bail him out of all kinds of troubles all the time, so we get tired of it and cuss him out and wish we could move away from him, etc...but when he needs us guess who's going to be the first one helping him yet again

  8. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    Hey...it's like any family. I may fight with my brother and be mad at him, but if a tragedy happened to him I would be the first one to be by his side. Same thing if someone from a different family wanted to fight my brother I would definitely stand with him...

    Haiti is that one brother to The DR...you know the one we all have who doesn't live up to his potential and we have to bail him out of all kinds of troubles all the time, so we get tired of it and cuss him out and wish we could move away from him, etc...but when he needs us guess who's going to be the first one helping him yet again
    Its like that morenito brother you're ashamed of that they make do all the shores and hide whenever anyone comes to visit. hehe

  9. #9
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    5,689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilijou View Post
    Its like that morenito brother you're ashamed of that they make do all the shores and hide whenever anyone comes to visit. hehe
    Te pasate loco...

  10. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilijou View Post
    Its like that morenito brother you're ashamed of that they make do all the shores and hide whenever anyone comes to visit. hehe
    WTF is THAT!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •