Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominican Hipocracy wiith Haiti's delema

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Dominican Hipocracy wiith Haiti's delema

What's with all this Hipocracy with the Haiti's Earthquake, all of a sudden they are according to national news "nuestro hermanos"[our brothers]
    Haiti was never consider family to the Dominican Republic; they were always a problem with panhandlers, illegal work status.....
    Within a couple of years I would like to see if "our brothers" slogan will still be used when addressing our neighbors.

Honestly how can they be consider our brothers when a Haitian women gives birth in a Dominican hospital and CANT get a Dominican birth certificate.
    I wish someone would address this issue

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe some of the "hypocrisy" is obvious and the world knows about it as shown in this Paul Newman narrated film...

THE PRICE OF SUGAR

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorgesarduysousa View Post
    What's with all this Hipocracy with the Haiti's Earthquake, all of a sudden they are according to national news "nuestro hermanos"[our brothers]
    Haiti was never consider family to the Dominican Republic; they were always a problem with panhandlers, illegal work status.....
    Within a couple of years I would like to see if "our brothers" slogan will still be used when addressing our neighbors.
    Well apparently to you going backward is better.

Honestly how can they be consider our brothers when a Haitian women gives birth in a Dominican hospital and CANT get a Dominican birth certificate.
    Why don't you ask the Haitian gov't why their citizens can't have dual citizenship? Also, with no real deterent to the flood of immigration here all we need is an incentive to triple the amount of illegal immigrants. You want to see friction and strife? Then again I believe many don't care if blood is spilt - because most of the people with opinions like that do not live here.

BTW, there is a plan in place here in the DR for Haitian children here to get birth certificates - it has been discussed on this forum and I even know a Dominican Haitian pastor who processes the paperwork.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dominicans and the Haitians have a common link which is Africa.

In that sense, both groups are brothers BUT like in all families especially ones with different fathers, there will always be CONFLICT.

There are so many Haitians in the DR that eventually they will mix with the Dominican populace and become Dominicans themselves.

Sociological paradigm- Proximity trumps ideology.
    Last edited by Onions/Carrots; 01-22-2010 at 09:18 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this change in politics upset you? I believe the world's social behavior is going through a evolutionary era in tolerance. I can definitely appreciate this change.

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

It never ceases to fascinate me how often people "forget" to include the words illegal immigrants where such words belong. Its understandable that injecting those words changes the entire argument, but it has to be included if we are going to treat this issue with any sincerity.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey...it's like any family. I may fight with my brother and be mad at him, but if a tragedy happened to him I would be the first one to be by his side. Same thing if someone from a different family wanted to fight my brother I would definitely stand with him...

Haiti is that one brother to The DR...you know the one we all have who doesn't live up to his potential and we have to bail him out of all kinds of troubles all the time, so we get tired of it and cuss him out and wish we could move away from him, etc...but when he needs us guess who's going to be the first one helping him yet again

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    Hey...it's like any family. I may fight with my brother and be mad at him, but if a tragedy happened to him I would be the first one to be by his side. Same thing if someone from a different family wanted to fight my brother I would definitely stand with him...

Haiti is that one brother to The DR...you know the one we all have who doesn't live up to his potential and we have to bail him out of all kinds of troubles all the time, so we get tired of it and cuss him out and wish we could move away from him, etc...but when he needs us guess who's going to be the first one helping him yet again
    Its like that morenito brother you're ashamed of that they make do all the shores and hide whenever anyone comes to visit. hehe

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bilijou View Post
    Its like that morenito brother you're ashamed of that they make do all the shores and hide whenever anyone comes to visit. hehe
    Te pasate loco...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bilijou View Post
    WTF is THAT!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast