A backhanded swipe at DR?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You are blowing things out of proportion.

Here's the deal:

O&C thought Lambada was American because of her great command of the English language.

I joked that her excellent command of the English language makes her un-American, and I asked El Chip-Oh! not to take my joke to heart. Why him? Because he defends all things American, "right or wrong: his country."

And I had originally written, "cobra and catcher see the humor, El Chip-Oh! So please take no offense." I thought it was obvious, then deleted those comments before I posted it. I was wrong about you. Sorry, cobra. It was you whom I offended. Who woulda thunk it?!

I guarantee you El Chip-Oh! is OK with me.

Now, when it comes to stalking, miguel was a different story. I stalked him religiously. But I liked him. Have only disliked Escott, which was unfair, for I never met him.
A lot of words for a lame defense.

Surrender noted.

But the term "El Chip-Oh" is your snarky version of an intended slur, based on your dislike of a certain broadcast entertainer. You know this. It's not the first you have used snarky words meant to slur someone.

It's evidently who you are. I understand fully. You think you're clever and funny and smarter than anyone else. You stalk those you politically disagree with for self-indulgent pleasure. But you know this.

?

? bient?t

A lot of words for a lame defense.

Surrender noted.

But the term "El Chip-Oh" is your snarky version of an intended slur, based on your dislike of a certain broadcast entertainer. You know this. It's not the first you have used snarky words meant to slur someone.

It's evidently who you are. I understand fully. You think you're clever and funny and smarter than anyone else. You stalk those you politically disagree with for self-indulgent pleasure. But you know this.

(Broadcast entertainer? You give me too much credit. I ain't that sharp. AND I hate football.)

Long before you came on the scene, Chip's name was Chip00, I think. One of my ex-girlfriends had a kid name Chris, and my brother called him El Chriso, and she didn't like it. I thought it was funny. Chip00 and El Chriso: thus El Chip-Oh! The exclamation mark is part of it, like Yahoo!

By the way, I stalked miguel because he was easy: cog?a la cuerda m?s r?pido que un reloj carabelita. Nothing to do with his political or religious leanings.

But I leave you to your own devices. It ain't about me. I'm outta here.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Anyhoo......
Just to say that smuggling kids out of Haiti has been made easier by the good grace and big hearted border guys.
No papers, little Propinas and we have 2 out already. Going back for more.
Good on the Dominican border patrols who apparently are well armed with compassion.
From now on, every time some expat bitches about the Dominican authorities like I have in the past, I shall remember what they did for the Haitians that were with me.
Nice one.
Viva la Republica!

Mar 2, 2008
Look, I enjoy a healthy exchange of words as much as the next guy, and I respect all the characters in this particular pig-pile. No offense, A Bientot. I know you don't like football, but it's an apt term just the same.

But don't you guys think enough is enough. Come on, for crying out load, is this really a serious issue compared to what is happening in Haiti at the moment. Do you think?

The US is doing a great job assisting Haiti, but I can still recognize certain shortcomings as well. In a democracy, criticism can be used to improve things, and should be encouraged not suppressed.

The Dominican republic is also doing a great job lending a helping hand, despite the many shortcomings that exist here. That is simply calling it the way it is.

It's time to move on.

By the way, I did get it, and I thought others would as well.

Mar 2, 2008
Not questionable at all. Without the 130 million the US provided (and the 130 million matched by Canada), and the US military rebuilding the airports and ocean ports, there would be very little assistance arriving.

But perhaps you expected it all to be done in negative time. Well, the truth of the matter is it was done extremely speedily, and you can carp all you like, but the only reason Anderson can point out the body pits is because the US got him in there.

Give it a rest.

Mar 2, 2008
I don't believe anything I see on TV, and I do not watch TV news. TV is for entertainment only.

I get my information from newspapers and internet news services.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I don't believe anything I see on TV, and I do not watch TV news. TV is for entertainment only.

I get my information from newspapers and internet news services.

OK, well do not beleive everything you read.
Especially when written by people whose business is 'news'.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
He's not on TV.....

2zimsf9.jpg

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
Anyhoo......
Just to say that smuggling kids out of Haiti has been made easier by the good grace and big hearted border guys.
No papers, little Propinas and we have 2 out already. Going back for more.
Good on the Dominican border patrols who apparently are well armed with compassion.
From now on, every time some expat bitches about the Dominican authorities like I have in the past, I shall remember what they did for the Haitians that were with me.
Nice one.
Viva la Republica!

What about that "little propina" part...does that make their hearts bigger?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Paddy - yes, it shows compassion.
And on that note - compassion saves more lives than faith in a situation like this.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
That's a reach right there don't you think?.....no te vaya' de boca.

Extreme, can you reference us to somthing that will back this up? Or we are expected to be like so many that just assume if anything good is said about the US it must be a lie?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Extreme, can you reference us to somthing that will back this up? Or we are expected to be like so many that just assume if anything good is said about the US it must be a lie?

To say that if it's not for the US no help will have reached Haiti whatsoever is a bit of a stretch. The DR certainly didn't had to wait for the US saviors to start sending help to Haiti. (By the next day several Dominican helicopters were on their way back to the DR with Haitians on them headed to HOMS). While the help from the US is extremely valuable specially with the airport situation, you cannot be inflating your ego saying everywhere that US are the enables of the World aid towards Haiti.