A-Rod tested positive for steroids in 2003...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
And where is A-Rod during all this madness?

Why, where else but in the DR enjoying a stogey at a celebrity golf tournament!!!:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

243ohe8.jpg

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
A-Rod admits, regrets use of PEDs

For those doubters, this buds for you. The Rod man has spoken, came up and faced the firing squad and finally lifted this big monkey off his back. Best thing he did was to come out and say the truth, but his legacy is tarnished and those numbers are to a extent artificial. Lets get those other 104 names out.

His voice shaking at times, Alex Rodriguez met head-on allegations that he tested positive for steroids six years ago, telling ESPN on Monday that he did take performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure, felt all the weight of the world on top of me to perform, and perform at a high level every day," Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons in an interview in Miami Beach, Fla. An extended interview will air on SportsCenter at 6 p.m. ET.

Alex Rodriguez admits taking PEDs during 3-year period - ESPN

Last edited:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
The only thing more tiring to me than AFraud is the steroids story.

Well, I agree, but it all started with the witchhunt for Barry Bonds. What a can of worms it opened up. I hope they got what they wanted. Amazingly, in all of this, notice the silence of the players' union and Selig, all of whom were complicit in the steroid era. LOL!!!

I actually agree with Curt Schilling on this. Now name the other 104 players who tested positive. The other big names will shock people, but they shouldn't.

This story won't go away as long as ESPN is bored.

Last edited:

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
It is OK! He is Dominican, therefore cheating is totally acceptable, if not totally encouraged!!!! ha ha ha....

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
It is OK! He is Dominican, therefore cheating is totally acceptable, if not totally encouraged!!!! ha ha ha....

Cheating is what the player syndicates is doing to all of you the fans. It is a shame and an insult to the fans that they are not making public the whole list. They are corrupt too big time.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
At Least A-Roid admitted to it as opposed to Bonds...

Yes, but even in his admittance he still comes off like an jackass. He doped for three years yet he says he didn't know what he was taking?

Why can't he just answer the damn questions and end the speculation?

"In those days it was such a loosey-goosey time..."-Alex Rodriguez:ermm:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
ARoid finally gets a hit under pressure!

Well, I agree, but it all started with the witchhunt for Barry Bonds. What a can of worms it opened up. I hope they got what they wanted. Amazingly, in all of this, notice the silence of the players' union and Selig, all of whom were complicit in the steroid era. LOL!!!

I actually agree with Curt Schilling on this. Now name the other 104 players who tested positive. The other big names will shock people, but they shouldn't.

This story won't go away as long as ESPN is bored.
Great point.

And Bond's and Clemens may go to jail for lying. ARoid really did the right thing by coming clean, so did McGwire, although by just dodging it.

ARoids interview today was pathetic, but I have to give him credit for taking the bullet. He can move on, but I imagine the fans are going to crush him for a bit of time, but what else is new?

What could the union or Selig say that's going to have any substance? They're all lawyers. We'll eventually get a vanilla statement smothered in emptiness wrapped in nothing sticky.

I'd rather ESPN coverd the parties with Lima and Jones, I want to see that bracelet, and definitely an "Outside the Lines" with the hookers is a must see. Is there an ESPN 3? There should be. Ballers, Hookers, 8Balls and La Pela!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
all the perjury cases are just window-dressing for the media and some fans. not many people go to jail for perjury and if so, jail time is minimal.

let's see: millions of dollars spent on these trials/cases.
6 months in jail, priceless...:ermm:
baseball hall of fame: who cares ?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I heard the funniest comment about this whole charade-someone said A-Rod should be taking a steroid that allows him to get a hit past the 7th inning.:cheeky:

I'm afraid that one does not exist.:ermm::ermm::ermm:

All the perjury cases are just window-dressing for the media and some fans. Not many people go to jail for perjury and if so, jail time is minimal.

Let's see: millions of dollars spent on these trials/cases.
6 months in jail, priceless...:ermm:
baseball hall of fame: who cares ?

Funny how there seems to be a disconnect between the sportscasters and reporters and the players and fans.

The players don't seem to care, the fans don't care-but its' the reporters who talk sanctimoniously about "the integrity of the game" and how the Hall of Fame will shun these players from the so-called steroid era.

Well, you think the old time ball players would of held their records if Major League Baseball was integrated?

Josh Gibson would of kicked Babe Ruth's ass in every statistical category had they competed head to head, so please, ESPN...spare me the self-righteous indignation...

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Have you seen the comment hits on websites like SI, ESPN, MLB, NY Daily News, NY Post, NY Times etc etc. To say fans don't care makes no sense.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Have you seen the comment hits on websites like SI, ESPN, MLB, NY Daily News, NY Post, NY Times etc etc. To say fans don't care makes no sense.

These people hate A-Rod, regardless of what he does. They are members of the sporting lunatic fringe that bark loudly yet realistically are small in number.

The people that rant on those sites are marginal characters who lead frustrated, unhappy lives.

The proof will lie in the attendance numbers for Yankee Stadium when the season starts.

And if the Yankees are in first place by the All-Star break, no one will be talking about this nonsense.

If you live in NYC you would know what I mean. Talk radio here is dominated by idiots who feel it is their duty to yell over the next guy, facts be damned.

This is just the latest controversy that will subside and will mean absolutely nothing in a few months' time.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Un-silent Minority

I'd agree with Berzin on this, that sample size is almost completely made up of the Puffy (enter team name) Jackets-flag wavers.

The "integrity of the game" was lost when the billion dollar TV packages came about. It's all about money, from the very top (the billionare owners of the teams and the cable/networks) to the very bottom (millionaire players, managers and ad executives). It's all about entertainment, the game itself is a sidelight, perhaps with exceptions to a handful of ballplayers, and even that is debatable.

All that hot air from the 'journalists' is just fuel to stir everyone's deeper emotions. Honestly, does it really mean anything to the every-day fan if Bonds or McGwire are in the HOF? ESPN has become an HD version of People magazine or Entertainment Tonight.

The only one really bothered by all of this is Brett Favre, I'm certain he and ESPN had it in their calendars to have us teetering on the edge of our seats this week - with whether he was going to re-un-retire to lead the Jets to another disappointing season.

Of course we'd have to live with 4 or 5 days of 'he said, she said', anonymous sources, a 1-hour "Outside the Lines" special on his HOF validity, and 279 Vigra commercials to get the answer.

Thanks ARoid. Play ball!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Guilt

From the Boston Glob.

But guilt ultimately belongs to baseball's ruling class - the owners and their commissioner who, at the least, chose not to see what was being done to the sport and its history. (Full disclosure: The Globe's parent company is part owner of the Red Sox.) Franchises profited from fan interest in phony records.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Its comical how the guys that keep saying this is a distraction, or this will die down, or only wacko fans are into this sure keep posting about the topic.:cheeky: