Advice on where to Invest $1,000,000 RD?

A

Anny Mosity

Re: Anny Mosity vs. Reality

The fact that investments in the TSE or NASDQ have chalked up major losses in the las two years means that it may be a good time to selectively get into those markets. Timing is everything.

I had an opportunity to buy a large apartment on Anacoana park in Santo Domingo 25 years ago for US$ 20,000 or RD 20,000. One peso
was equal to one dollar then. If I had sold it 4 years ago for many times the original price and placed the money in financial paper, I would have done wonderfully. I could then consider myself an investment advisor!

Let's say that I had done the opposite. The $20,000 that I invested in interest bearing paper 25 years ago would have been worth about US$ 1,200 four years ago. If I then tried to buy the apartment, I would be way short! Also, I don't think that the apartment has appreciated much in the last four years. Bad timing can bankrupt you even in a booming economy.

The DR has enjoyed one of the highest growth rates in the world during the last 15 years. This in no way guarantees that the next few years will provide the same opportunities.

C

criss colon

Re: Buy a Victorian house in POP!

"If you are all so smart,how come you all ain,t rich?"Buy some farm land in Moca,and grow yuca and platanos,dominican-proof!

Criss