Age discrimination in the DR?

jrshd9

Oct 31, 2002
does anyone need some cheese to go with their Whine. What ever happened to people just playing the hand they were dealt to the best of their ability. You should beableto hire who you want. Good choice or bad, maybe the older mature woman bored the guy to tears on the interview? I'm 48 and you have to be alot sharper at our to get hired, but that is something you have complete control of.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Descrimination can only happen if you put yourself in the position to be descriminated against,I have never had problems finding work as I have only applied for positions which I qualified for by what norms the employer required,funny but Im 49 and never been unemployed any length of time positive attitude gives positive results,if you let others decide your life you dont have the right to whine:bandit:
J.H.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Pib is right on this

This country belongs to the young. Besides, most Dominicans by the time they get to 40 years are either rich, millionaires, inherited a fortune, land and property, are taken care by their family or are in top management. Few elderly suffer as much as they suffer in the U.S. because they are needed by the young.

For instance, how many young working parents depend on the grandmother to take care of the kids while they work?

If you are in the 40 and up group companies that you work for have a hard time getting rid of you because of either your experience, or it becomes too expensive to get rid of you. I once belonged to an executive team that was almost totally eliminated and the company had to pay an average of $1,200,000 in compensation to all. I was so happy to be eliminated I could not contain myself. I also had a nice parachute plan from the U.S. So why worry?

If you have to worry about your future at age 40, then you failed in life.

TW

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You want to see "Age Discrimination",try the USA!!!

I have been in Boston since the 18th of November,and I can't get "LAID"!!! I saw this really "foxy" girl working at the check-out counter at K-Mart(they had a sale on "Big Men's handkerchiefs) she was a young carmel colored beauty!I chose her lane to check-out.As she was calling for a "price check" on the handkerchiefs,I made my "move"(perfected at Super Mercado National in Santo Domingo!)."How about we go for a few beers and some fried chicken when you get off work,I asked."What? she asked with a puzzeled look.
"We could go out when you finish work",I said. "What?" she said again."You and I could go out together when you get off work",I said."How old are you ?"she asked ."I'm 55" I replied."You could be my grandfather", she replied."Yeah,but I'm not your grandfather"I replied."and if we went out ,where would we go,and what would we do?" she asked."We would go to a Motel,have some drinks,some Kentucky Fried Chicken,and then I would lick your fingers clean,and you could lick something of mine clean!"......"Security to check-out counter number 4,CODE RED!!!!!"she said!...............Did you know that people who are arrested and held for trial in Massachussetts have access to computers while they are waiting to go to court!! "Cool"! Cris Colon,In "here" all the guys just call me "Pop"!