Air Santo Domingo to JFK from STI and to MiA from SDQ next year

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I don't think it is correct to compare the biggest world carrier to a small airline here with 4 daily flights, it is obvious that AA is more established, so now what? But AA is not an example in worldwide aviation business, there are greater airlines, companies with more profit etc.

Searcher

May 5, 2003
It is unfair to compare AA vs ASD. Now, if ASD remains competitive and keeps its frecuencies and fares at reasonable prices against AA, then the traveling public will support ASD. NO DOUBTS.

Dominicans hate AA. They fly AA because they have no other choice, that is why BQ move so many poeple when it started, but BQ failure to stay in business made AA look better than they are.

My concern with ASD is that they don't own any aircraft to support their growth. If Transmeridian goes out of business it will take ASD with them. See what is happening to SJU. They had to rushed and hired FALCON EXPRESS after they had bitch BQ for doing that. FALCON is like a reliever pitcher in baseball that you hope can throw strikes. FALCON is not reliable.

Can someone describe how does ASD plan to support MIA and JFK-STI?

eli

Jun 10, 2003
dale7 said:
I am happy that Air Santo Domingo will be flying MIA-SDQ. Though I will never fly Air Santo Domingo it will be competition to AA . I will be able to get cheaper fares from AA as they try to undercut Air Santo Domingo fares and more than likely having their prices several dollars higher than Air Santo Domingo, and since AA has a solid reputation, people will stay fly AA and receive their ff miles which more than well makes up for a few dollars difference and the security of flying with an established airline.
dale7(satisfied with the many AA experiences)

The problem with people like you is they don't understand that when American gets rid of their competition then the prices go up by 200% the you start bitching.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Eli,
You don't know me so don't generalize. I have flown other airlines besides AA and just because some of you want to promote uncertain airlines, it is your right. I like competition and I do hope Air Santo Domingo stays in business because then I can fly my favorite airline at a cheaper price. What is wrong with that? I would fly AA even if it was 75US more than the other ones because they have more options of flights, I am not going to get screwed, and I will make most of that back with ff miles.

People should take a reality check though, how many Dominican airlines have been successful with a proven track record and think about that before they spout bullsh.t. Take the corruption out of the DR gov and the companies there, etc and maybe people would be willing to take a chance at flying with confidence on a Dominican airline. With a US based airline, at least we are protected unlike the poor bastards who purchased Aeromar tickets. I also like Northwest, I am not found of US airways, and think Spirit is a good bang for the buck but I will stick with my major airlines and you can purchase ASD tickets if you want. I hope they stay in business to keep AA prices low, so what, opinions are like as.holes, everyone has one.
dale7(AA fanatic)