Atypical Sankie or just an opportunist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2006
It seems that Lisa is quite astute and understands the situation quite well. Best wishes to you, Lisa. As they say in México: "Ponte abusada, no dejes que te vean la cara de su pendejo."
I am not sure why, but this sounds more precise than "Be aware, don't let them play you for a fool".

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Obtaining more satisfaction from internet flirting than actual human interaction really does speak volumes. What the OP should have done was gotten laid FOR REAL and left with a smile on her face-no exchange of social media information, no exchange of phone numbers, no nothing. See you when I see you.

Shame on some of you DR1 members for encouraging this juvenile, idiotic behavior. This section used to be one of the best, with lively and entertaining debates and viewpoints. Now it's about this...middle-aged morons acting like junior high school losers and useless trolls who never post more than a couple of times (all with the same story) who then disappear forever.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I love that!  I've read stories of people scamming the scammer but never knew anyone who had.  I guess it is a little mean to do to someone that impoverished that they feel the need to scam me this way, but I'm annoyed that after hours of intelligent conversation he thinks me stupid enough to fall for this.  So I think I will string it and see what he is going to ask for.

My friend got sucked into a pyramid scheme.....paid his money..... gone.

Until he called the scammer,
explained how excited he was about the deal and wanted to 'up the ante'.
I want to use a company check this time - for more investment.

Just give me back my first money and I'll double down with the new check.

Got his cash back, cancelled the BIG check and slept like a baby.

You can figure out how to do a similar scam here.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Obtaining more satisfaction from internet flirting than actual human interaction really does speak volumes. What the OP should have done was gotten laid FOR REAL and left with a smile on her face-no exchange of social media information, no exchange of phone numbers, no nothing. See you when I see you.

Shame on some of you DR1 members for encouraging this juvenile, idiotic behavior. This section used to be one of the best, with lively and entertaining debates and viewpoints. Now it's about this...middle-aged morons acting like junior high school losers and useless trolls who never post more than a couple of times (all with the same story) who then disappear forever.
Pretty much wraps it up.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I found this forum tonight after a trip to the DR last week.  Wish I'd found it before my trip because you guys are hilarious, although a little harsh on fat American girls.  

I am 53 and do alright with guys at home despite a few extra pounds.  I normally do volunteer type vacations (Habitat, biological research) in Spanish speaking countries, but decided to take a regular vacation to Cabarete.  I ended up spending a good deal of time practicing Spanish with a young Haitian bartender.  He seemed an interesting guy, educated, speaks several languages and teaches French.  We talked history of the DR and Haiti, politics American and Caribbean, nothing romantic or sexual.  My last day there we did the friends on Facebook thing, no big deal as I was doing the same with several other guests I had befriended.

The day I get home I have a message hoping I got home alright.  A little odd to message so soon without much of a reason, but maybe he is just being nice.

The next day another message thread which becomes flirtatious.  I went along because it's kind of fun, but it was suddenly like speaking to someone entirely different than I had met.  A pretty obvious ploy, although what the end game is I'm not clear.  No requests for money or anything (yet).

I'm fascinated enough by this Sankie thing that I may just string it along and see what happens.  (No danger of me sending any money, I'm cheap and probably didn't even tip him adequately, lol).  Or maybe I'll tell him tomorrow that I've lost my job while on vacation and need help paying my rent. Scam the scammer.

It doesn't seem like the typical way, but maybe I didn't seem like a good prospect until after I left?  If he were really smart, he would have gone for some kind of "starting a non profit to help my people" scam.  That would have a much better chance with this bleeding heart liberal.

Why? I never give my personal info to bar help, either there are here (USA). Surely you have more important things to do then play games. And don't try to scam him, he knows who you are, what city you live. Maybe he has Haitian friends who live near you.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I say go for it and have some fun with this guy.  As you say, you seem pretty wise to what the obvious motives might be.

I once had some similar fun when I was informed by a lawyer in Nigeria that a distant uncle tragically passed away leaving his entire mining empire fortune to me.  I think I got him to go to Western Union in Lagos at least six times with made up transfer numbers!
One of the greatest websites on the WWW:

Welcome to the world of Scambaiting!

The "Trophy Room" is awesome!

kothapalli_rao.jpg

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Wow, some of you guys are really mean.  

Wanna make it interesting? When you write to him, use another man's name sometimes. When he catches it, say something like "oh, sorry, I called you my cousins name by mistake or something similar..

Last edited:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I know the feeling

I am so freakin hot that men wait until I am far away to flirt with me :bandit:

I am with Berzin dont see the point...

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
At the huge risk of ridicule, there is a 1.2% chance he is a nice guy and enjoyed your company. Sometimes people fall through the cracks and are honestly warm and caring individuals. Besides, if he is out for your money, he will identify himself soon enough.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I found this forum tonight after a trip to the DR last week.  Wish I'd found it before my trip because you guys are hilarious, although a little harsh on fat American girls.  

I am 53 and do alright with guys at home despite a few extra pounds.  I normally do volunteer type vacations (Habitat, biological research) in Spanish speaking countries, but decided to take a regular vacation to Cabarete.  I ended up spending a good deal of time practicing Spanish with a young Haitian bartender.  He seemed an interesting guy, educated, speaks several languages and teaches French.  We talked history of the DR and Haiti, politics American and Caribbean, nothing romantic or sexual.  My last day there we did the friends on Facebook thing, no big deal as I was doing the same with several other guests I had befriended.

The day I get home I have a message hoping I got home alright.  A little odd to message so soon without much of a reason, but maybe he is just being nice.

The next day another message thread which becomes flirtatious.  I went along because it's kind of fun, but it was suddenly like speaking to someone entirely different than I had met.  A pretty obvious ploy, although what the end game is I'm not clear.  No requests for money or anything (yet).

I'm fascinated enough by this Sankie thing that I may just string it along and see what happens.  (No danger of me sending any money, I'm cheap and probably didn't even tip him adequately, lol).  Or maybe I'll tell him tomorrow that I've lost my job while on vacation and need help paying my rent. Scam the scammer.

It doesn't seem like the typical way, but maybe I didn't seem like a good prospect until after I left?  If he were really smart, he would have gone for some kind of "starting a non profit to help my people" scam.  That would have a much better chance with this bleeding heart liberal.

Have some fun so long as you are okay with it because if I was in his position, I would have loved you long time!! Heck, I would have loved you many many long times!!

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
When is the last time you had sex with a man in his twenties? Go for it! I say screw his brains out and bring him a couple of Aeropostale shirts(they're dirt cheap online) that they seem to love here and then lose his number.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I seem to think that the late cccccc would have chimed in here. Something like:

Run don't walk, cccccccccccccccccc

lisainmich

Jan 22, 2017
I think the point got missed that I am not any more attracted to him than I believe him to be to me.  He's no stud, he is shorter than me and his voice sounds like Urkel.  Fly all the way back for that?  Nah.

I just came to this forum because I knew nothing about that going on in the DR.  Explains the two other guys asking for my number and the third who told my sister I was beautiful.  I wasn't sure what the game was but it was obvious there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.