Balance of power.

CES

Jan 1, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
Remember the old 1959 movie "The Mouse That Roared" with Peter Sellers? It was an extravagant satire in which the Duchy of Grand Fenwick declares war on the United States with a supposed atomic bomb they've acquired.

Tom (aka XR)

Interesting take (an oldie but goodie movie). Chavez seems to be a sort of "Nut Job" and if it is a "push comes to shove" situation a cornered rat goes for the throat. Who would/could of predicted _Falklands/Malvinas _?

IMO the Bu$hCo folks would take a very dim view of Mr. Chavez's wild ride if he were to incite hostilities with the DR, it just ain't going to happen. . .

. . . CES
:alien:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Criss Colon said:
Digging up a post from 6 months ago! Get a life! CC
Criss;
I think the post by M is very significant in that the problems endemic to Venezuela are also the ones that have plagued the DR. Those of a despot attempting to remain in power in the face of constituency opposition and using whatever means are available to him to do so.
Hippo has used the same vein of logic to attempt to perpetuate his tenure as Presidente of the DR. He has had legal procedings promulgated to assure that; although from what i read in the DR1 News over the past few days, itwould seem that his manipulations have a decidedly Illegal connotation in that none of the so-called legislative acts have been "legalized" because of lack of publication in the proper periodicals. Wonder what that revelation will result in???

Like other posters, I feel that short of a complete disruption of the status quo, both Chavez AND Hipolito are destined for the same obscurity eventually. Hipolito sooner than Chavez since he(Hippo) has shown his outright stupidity and lack of qualifications to run anything.

Both men are shrewd, albeit lacking in humanity, and will go to all lengths to accomplish their goals.

Hippo has no geographical enemies worth their salt, so he can't expect to incite a conflict in that arena. Chavez, on the otherhand has several such geographical enemies, which he can incite to the point of conflict, thus taking the immediate heat off himself and refocus attention into patriotic defense of Venezuela against an armed enemy.

Texas Bill