Bartolo Col?n

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Also when he won the Cy Young ward he spent $500,000 US on Presidentes for the whole town for one week. People were loading cases in trucks.
Not debating you buy my Common Sense alarm went off. That seems like a very, very large number.

That around 400,000 beers in 2005. Other than the major population centers what typical town drinks that much beer in a week?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Not debating you buy my Common Sense alarm went off. That seems like a very, very large number.

That around 400,000 beers in 2005. Other than the major population centers what typical town drinks that much beer in a week?

I can assure you it happened. There were Presidente trucks lined up on the hwy. It wasn't like people were drinking the beer. They were loading up cars and trucks with it. The town was drunk for months.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I can assure you it happened. There were Presidente trucks lined up on the hwy. It wasn't like people were drinking the beer. They were loading up cars and trucks with it. The town was drunk for months.

Another brilliant move from the genius named Bartolo Colon.....

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006

I remember those times, it was legendary, I remember a worker from the company I used to work back then on their PP branch saying he was heading to Altamira every night to get drunk as Bartolo is picking up the tab for the whole town. It made the newspapers as well...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CB, you tried to put common sense and Dominican baseball player in the same sentence without using a negation and that is hard to do.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
CB, you tried to put common sense and Dominican baseball player in the same sentence without using a negation and that is hard to do.

You could leave out the word "baseball player" and it is true also.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010

Little off topic,

Patriots are down there visiting your Bucs, your site is great by the way,

The starters will play friday night,

And your right about the Texans, they are good and will be a huge challenge for the Pats......

But I'm still going with Green Bay and New England in the Superbowl......

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Colon is definitely a good guy. His arm got blown out and he had that surgery that allowed him to return to Baseball. Bottom line I don't blame these guys for taking the chance when the difference could be no money or a couple of million dollars.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
But I'm still going with Green Bay and New England in the Superbowl......
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YbpiytTvjw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>........................

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ocEt90Rjxco" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.......................

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Colon is definitely a good guy. His arm got blown out and he had that surgery that allowed him to return to Baseball. Bottom line I don't blame these guys for taking the chance when the difference could be no money or a couple of million dollars.

I agree and totally get it,

But why be cheap and ignorant when it counts the most?

(pay for the masking)

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YbpiytTvjw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>........................

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ocEt90Rjxco" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.......................

OMG BB,

Talk about a guitar player with no future.......

Kinda like the Giants, and the Jets......

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
But why be cheap and ignorant when it counts the most?

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but this is for those who don't.

It's a Latin thing, and just as prevalent in Dominican society. The guy who thinks he knows it all and comes across like an authority figure (the arrogance, the loud mouth, talks but never listens, etc.) is the one who garners respect in certain circles.

Like the prototypical overweight Dominican who puts on a tight Izod Lacoste polo shirt and announces to the word 'Yo estoy bueno". He believes it, and those around him never question him. This applies to Dominican trainer and current MLB pariah Angel "Nao" Presinal, who's been banned from major league clubhouses for his ties to steroid distribution.

Then there are the cast of characters within the clannish inner circles these players surround themselves with who refuse to let outsiders in.

Alex Rodriguez threw his own cousin under the bus when he finally admitted to steroid use and guess what? His cousin is STILL part of his crew.

You're talking about cats with very limited intelligence. The MLB anti-doping procedures are the easiest to get around in all of sports. Anyone who tests positive is just not doing it right.

Testosterone-keep the levels under the 4:1 ratio and you won't trip the tests. This is the first step in gauging whether synthetic testosterone is in a player's system. A second test is required to detect the actual substance.

HgH-tested for only once a year at the beginning of the season.

The knowledge certain people have who are in the business of PED administration is their expertise with the lab procedures, what levels trip a positive result, and how to maintain certain levels so a player can fly under the radar. Some of these guys work in USADA-accredited labs and do this as a sideline.

This ain't cheap. It costs money due to what's at stake, and the best people charge the most. I think any Latin player who is taking PED's will wake up and see what the consequences are and will no longer rely on some campesino cousin or uncle to procure or administer a regimen.

Then again, when you live like this, I totally understand the lure of PED's or lying about one's age for Dominicans, whether they are starting out or are aging into possible oblivion-

2v198ht.jpg

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...s-dominican-republic-not-drawing-some-concern

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Notice the statements made by Dominican trainer Astin Jacobo Jr., interviewed in the video link I provided in my previous post. He's got the typical smirk of a smart-ass who knows he's lying when he talks, but takes glee in the fact that people believe his drivel.

This is where the problem starts. He blames the steroids problem and issues of birth certificate fraud on the United States.

It's always someone else's fault.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The problem is as someone posted that Dominican players have the mindset that they won't get caught. When it comes to listening to advice they listen to the advice that best suits them. How many times do you hear "well so and so did and it was ok" etc..They never think they will get caught and when they do it is always because of someone else. In spring training, during the season, etc, they get lectures on the wrongs of using steriods, etc.. but if someone gives them a small glimmer of hope in getting over by using them they will. It is the "it can't happen to me" syndrome. Some want the edge to move up others want the edge to hang on. People can argue the reasons why someone would use steriods but in the end is it worth it. Someone who had a good career to go out like that.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Valuable info on the bottom part of his post. Do you guys know this for a fact? Anecdotal evidence? Know somebody who's currently doing it? Just wondering...

For obvious reasons, I'm not gonna rat anyone out....(unless I've been drinking, and I don't like you)

The whole PED landscape has changed, It's not about doing them, it's about using masking agents to avoid detection....

Masking agent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately with this type of competition to enter...(or stay in the show...MLB), and the dollar amounts that are being thrown around,

Masking is the way to go.....

The more I think about it Bartolo Colon probably was more LAZY than STUPID, me thinks he knew he was gonna get caught,
and he just said "F-CK it" I'm old....(39) I'm tired....(fat) and I wanna go home and drink, and play Dominoes, and buy the country a round of Presidentes"

The testing is not that hard to beat, It's expensive though.....

He should've paid for the masking, and done it the right way, instead, he lets his team down, his teammates, the fans,

Because he doesn't GIVE A F--K!!!

Choices, stay in MLB (with Oakland, and they are in the hunt for a wild card spot, and THEY NEEDED HIM) and help your teammates finish the season strong......

Or, you can throw the towel in, take the money, get caught using PED'S, get suspended, go back to the DR, hang out at a Colmado, and be the "man" buying rounds for all of your fake hanger on friends......

He has a history of this behavior, back in 2008, when he was with the Red Sox, they told him going into the Playoffs he was gonna come out of the bullpen, instead of starting,

As the sox were a little thin with bullpen pitchers. What did Bartolo do? He pulled a hissy fit, and said "I will NOT come out of the Bullpen, I'm a starter, and THAT'S THAT!!!!"

He packed up his S--T and left the team!!! What a PUS-Y!!

We know what happened next, the Red Sox fell one game short of going to the World Series, losing to Tampa Bay 4-3.....because of....can you guess?.....A WEAK BULLPEN

Not taking anything away from Tampa Bay, they were a great team that year....but, I'm just sayn......

Way to go Bartolo.......I mean,

LOOOOOOOOOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Wanna bet Colon used steroids to accelerate/enhance the healing process for his shoulder?