Best dominican beer

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Who needs Presidente anyway

After getting involved in homebrewing I don't fancy any of the Dominican beer brands anymore. Where's the taste? Urina de bailarina. OK, they're acceptable as ice cold thirst quenchers, nothing more.

I had a friend - the husband of my wife's cousin - over last Saturday. He is very fond of Presidente and a heavy consumer of the stuff whenever in the DR. I served him up a couple of my home brews, intending to serve him an ice cold Presidente I had sitting in my fridge, after he had sampled my brewskis. I felt certain that he would never want a Presidente again, after making the comparison. My Dominican wife told me not to be so heartless, so I didn't do it after all. Well, maybe the next time we get together, whenever that may be. The Presidentes in my fridge are safe from me, indefinitely. I prefer (to name the present selection from my own all grain sundeck "brewery"):

- India Pale Ale
- Extra Special (/Strong) Bitter
- Export Lager (Presidente - eat your heart out!)
- American Pale Ale (dry hopped with Cascade hops - an aroma that kicks ass!!!)
- Weizenbock (Extra strong, extra dark wheat beer)
- London Oatmeal Stout

Besides those there is Golden Weizen and traditional Norwegian Jule?l "yule ale" fermenting away in their buckets, to be bottled and conditioned later. Cheers! Sk?l!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
After getting involved in homebrewing I don't fancy any of the Dominican beer brands anymore. Where's the taste? Urina de bailarina. OK, they're acceptable as ice cold thirst quenchers, nothing more.

I had a friend - the husband of my wife's cousin - over last Saturday. He is very fond of Presidente and a heavy consumer of the stuff whenever in the DR. I served him up a couple of my home brews, intending to serve him an ice cold Presidente I had sitting in my fridge, after he had sampled my brewskis. I felt certain that he would never want a Presidente again, after making the comparison. My Dominican wife told me not to be so heartless, so I didn't do it after all. Well, maybe the next time we get together, whenever that may be. The Presidentes in my fridge are safe from me, indefinitely. I prefer (to name the present selection from my own all grain sundeck "brewery"):

- India Pale Ale
- Extra Special (/Strong) Bitter
- Export Lager (Presidente - eat your heart out!)
- American Pale Ale (dry hopped with Cascade hops - an aroma that kicks ass!!!)
- Weizenbock (Extra strong, extra dark wheat beer)
- London Oatmeal Stout

Besides those there is Golden Weizen and traditional Norwegian Jule?l "yule ale" fermenting away in their buckets, to be bottled and conditioned later. Cheers! Sk?l!

Hey - I like Presidente, of course if you are offering free beer I'm ready to change alleigance. :) Just let me know, I live in Santiago.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
In ranks:
1- Duvel (I know, I know not Dominican lol)
Really:
1- Presidente Normal
2- Bohemia Light (is a new product by Cerveceria Nacional, you guys should try it, it is really good)
3- Presidente Light (the preferred one by the public in the DR, maybe because it is easier to chug it down when warm)
4- One (I used to drink that one, but they somehow dropped in quality)
5- Bohemia Normal
6- Brahma (wacala)